Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

1st trip to Washington DC

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Curve Junkie,

I did this trip with my girlfriend a few years ago and it was PERFECT. Lots of the ideas have been tossed around in here so far but ill do my best to list out the trip the way i would plan it...

- Fly into whatever is cheaper. No big deal there to be honest. Get a ride to hotel because driving in the DC area is AWFUL. No need for a rental at all since everything you want to see and do is in the city.

- Stay at the Ritz Carlton in Georgetown. It is a SUPER nice property on the water and on the best street in Georgetown (which is one of the best neighborhoods in DC). Eating and drinking is great here too which is nice after a long day of walking around and you might not want to walk far for dinner or a drink.

- The best way to see the city and get around is the trolly system (not public transportation trolly - but a "touristy" trolly system) that runs from tourist spot to tourist spot. Hop on one block from the Ritz with a cup of coffee and ride along! Some people just take it from stop to stop and dont get off until its made a completle loop. Then ride around the loop again and get off where you want to see stuff. It stops at all the spots you listed.

- places to eat, there are tons. Georgetown has some great ones and there are others in and around the city. Some of the local guys can prally help here as could the concierge at the hotel.

PM me if you want to chat more. I loved that trip and i love to travel so im down to chat whenever

Cheers!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Aunt and Uncle live in Mount Vernon and my sister lives in DC with her fiance. Chart House in Alexandria is an excellent restaurant and I always eat there when i go up. All the meuseums are well worth it too..i haven't been to them in years I need to go back.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Curvejunkie,

Did you make this trip yet? Updates?

Cheers.