Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Amazing dinner at Bourbon Steak....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Banned
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing dinner at Bourbon Steak....

Here in DC weve had a few new steak restaurants come to town. The newest ones are BLT Steak, J&G Steak and Bourbon Steak. For our anniversary dinner last night we decided to try Bourbon Steak in Georgetown in the Four Seasons hotel. I am far from a "foodie", but a few times a week my wife and I like to eat out at a nice place. Bourbon Steak seemed perfect for this ocassion. The service was excellent, some of the best service Ive had to date. Our waitress had lengthy explanations and recommendations. Before the appetizers come, instead of serving complimentary bread, they serve a trio of fries fried in duck fat with a trio of dipping sauces. Herb seasoned, Old Bay and white cheddar cheese....it was to die for!!! I started with a wedge salad topped with thick smoked slab bacon rendered perfectly, chunks of maytag blue cheese, and frisee. My wife had the tuna tartar with a quails egg, ancho chili powder and pears prepared table side. With our steaks they served buttery homemade rolls with flecks of black truffle. Our accompaniments were truffled mac and cheese and mushrooms sauteed in butter and red wine. They were absolute heaven!! All steaks are poached in butter before hardwood grilling for tenderness. We both had prime 40 day aged steaks. Mine was a NY strip and my wife had ribeye that literally melted in your mouth. Hands down an amazing eating experience!!

Old 05-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that sounds incredible! I wish we had some places like that around here.