Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Mouse gun for 1911 lovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:30 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Stryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond repute
I won't argue with you as i agree but unfortunately, our NYC CCW only allows us one concealed weapon at a time so you would be in violation of the law carrying two.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
Paperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the rough
[QUOTE=Montana;802270]I've been looking at these too recently but the price makes my teeth itch.

The S&W Bodyguard .380 looks interesting too, but again at a ridiculous price point.

The Bodyguard just had a $100 price reduction,this is a pretty robust little gun

Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Scott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get the P238 as a "pocket gun". Can you put it in your pocket in condition 1 and be comfortable?? I wouldn't. It would be a great IWB holster gun to carry in condition 1, but if I'm carrying IWB, give me at least a 9mm. I'm not knocking .380. I have a mouse gun that I rarely, but occasionally, carry. I'm more knocking its ability to be a true "pocket gun". Even in the right pocket holster, I'd be concerned about a 1911 style gun. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with the LCP, TCP, Keltec, type mouse gun.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond repute
The P238 is a nice pocket pistol and you picked some good examples. It's too bad Sig had some reliability issues with the early models. It looks like they have it figured out now (new magazine follower and recoil spring), but make sure you put plenty of rounds through them to ensure they run right (which is true of any carry gun of course as I'm sure you know). I have fired the Ruger LCP and it felt like a tube of toothpaste squishing up and out of my hand on every shot. After handling one I bet the P238 is much nicer to shoot and I can see why the gun would be a good choice if you are a 1911 guy.

Scott, if you prefer the DAO trigger instead of SA in condition 1 check out the new Sig P290. Nearly identical dimensions to the P238, a bit heavier, and fires 9mm instead of .380. I haven't been much into pocket pistols, but if this one turns out to be a winner I may have to check it out. It's due to be released at the SHOT show.

P290 Details

Old 01-06-2011, 11:59 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Scott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brett B
The P238 is a nice pocket pistol and you picked some good examples. It's too bad Sig had some reliability issues with the early models. It looks like they have it figured out now (new magazine follower and recoil spring), but make sure you put plenty of rounds through them to ensure they run right (which is true of any carry gun of course as I'm sure you know). I have fired the Ruger LCP and it felt like a tube of toothpaste squishing up and out of my hand on every shot. After handling one I bet the P238 is much nicer to shoot and I can see why the gun would be a good choice if you are a 1911 guy.

Scott, if you prefer the DAO trigger instead of SA in condition 1 check out the new Sig P290. Nearly identical dimensions to the P238, a bit heavier, and fires 9mm instead of .380. I haven't been much into pocket pistols, but if this one turns out to be a winner I may have to check it out. It's due to be released at the SHOT show.

P290 Details
Yes. I have been reading about that one. It looks like a winner!
I'm also not into pocket pistols much, but if I had one, it would definitely make more sense as that setup than a 1911 style, and it's 9mm.

I'd still prefer my Glock 26 at a minimum though. Not that much bigger, but 11 rounds vs. 7 or 8.

Bad guys rarely do things alone, so I really don't feel comfortable with much less than that.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a good chart comparing some 9mm sub-compacts:

And another one comparing some of the smaller pocket pistols out there:

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf