Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Lunch at the club

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! This reminds me that I have an indoor shooting range right by my office!

I'd be surprised if those were the only firearms Brian owns.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:17 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MIL996
Is that a Scar-L or Scar-H and how do you like it? I picked up an ACR (Supposed to be similar) and it was pretty heavy stock. I been looking at a scar and was wondering how you feel about the weight.
That only thing that I do not like about it is that you can't change the barrel quickly.

As far as the weight. Well... I spent time as a 60 gunner before I got to carry around a more precise weapon, and I LOVED carrying that hawg. So the weight on this thing is of no concern. And it wouldn't be if I was carrying a full load. Not many people can say they carried a hawg and a PRC, let alone say they enjoyed it. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure how the hell that happened... Two targets in one! Oh wait, I do remember, the commo guy hurt his ankle. Anyways... memories...

Old 10-25-2010, 05:18 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by b9ev
Awesome! This reminds me that I have an indoor shooting range right by my office!

I'd be surprised if those were the only firearms Brian owns.

The first time I read that, I thought it said "in" your office. I was about to be very jealous.

And you're right, the scene is kind of like an iceberg. In many ways.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Just seems like a lot weapons. BTW Boxer and Brown will win. Whitman and Fiorina are Quacks!!!!!!!!! Whitman is frankly scary.
This, ladies and gentleman is why california is destined to go to the wolves.

Choke, great collection you got there buddy. Cant wait to finally make my way out to a gun range where I can actually fire my SCAR.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, I also have a SCAR. They are REALLY light - I'm a big fan of the ergonomics except for the reciprocating charging handle. Good thing you can put it on either side, since I moved mine to the right side of the rifle and just do the "hand over" technique to cock it.

Also, the barrel is pretty easy to change (much easier than an AR or H&K). It takes 6 hex nuts to remove and the barrel comes out. The bad part is the complete lack of short barrels since the gas block is integral. Once I can get a factory short barrel (12"), I will.