Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Lunch at the club

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Nice arsenal! Sounds like the Scottsdale Gun Club. No food there, but it's pretty snazzy for a shooting range.
How about we trade, you get the soup dumpling, and I get NFA items and CCW?

Old 10-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
How about we trade, you get the soup dumpling, and I get NFA items and CCW?
With all the Asians in TX, maybe we should both move there. I can get my Chinese food and you can get a KAC suppressor

Old 10-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
With all the Asians in TX, maybe we should both move there. I can get my Chinese food and you can get a KAC suppressor
I started a thread about that just now...

They have 99 Ranch in Houston now, you know?

Old 10-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
There's actually one here in PHX of all places at the Chinese cultural center in downtown.
Went down there in search of the ever elusive soup dumpling. No go. And the sum sum was meh

Back to topic. I need to go shoot. Weather is finally breaking (80 highs Woot!) Will probably hit the outdoor ranges sometime in Nov/Dec

Old 10-22-2010, 03:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
StrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond repute
That table looks a little light on hardware.

I need to get my ass back into shooting, but the nearest indoor range is almost an hour away and winter's coming so it's not much fun trucking out to the boonies.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
Nice collection (at least the part you displayed ) Time for me to get back into the sport. I've not picked up a weapon since leaving the Army, but with all the gang activity and the spread of crime in our area, it's time. I'm lucky in that I found a club/range/dealer that's been in the area for 36+ years and is only 4 miles from the house! Choosing a firearm for home defense is not going to be easy - the choices seem endless.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:01 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Your words not mine...just sayin.
Actually bro, "my words" were based upon your comment.

You said that it seemed like a lot of weapons. I am very curious as to why you would say that.

Saying "your words not mine", is not a response. Unfortunately, in the majority of cases where someone like you makes such a comment, no logical justification materializes.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:05 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by X2daC
If Choke is preparing for zombies, seven out of those eight groups aren't going to do anything to bring them down.
LOL! True... Zombies do require something that will make a bigger, sloppier hole.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:09 AM
TeH Ears
Originally Posted by slik560
Nice collection (at least the part you displayed ) Time for me to get back into the sport. I've not picked up a weapon since leaving the Army, but with all the gang activity and the spread of crime in our area, it's time. I'm lucky in that I found a club/range/dealer that's been in the area for 36+ years and is only 4 miles from the house! Choosing a firearm for home defense is not going to be easy - the choices seem endless.
An Army guy with a shotgun is a nasty, nasty thing!

IMHO, if there is only one gun in the home for home defense, it would be a shotgun. OR, a weapon of suitable caliber with a laser site. Part of the fun is choosing!

Old 10-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
MIL996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that a Scar-L or Scar-H and how do you like it? I picked up an ACR (Supposed to be similar) and it was pretty heavy stock. I been looking at a scar and was wondering how you feel about the weight.

Quick Reply: Lunch at the club