Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Cop shot homeowner holding perp at gunpoint 6 times

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. Lilly and Couts should lose their ass for this. What an embarrassment for the Phoenix LE community. So many protocols were ignored that the PD should settle immediately or risk paying out a whole lot more than $5 mil.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Secure
Dead men don't tell tales.
Exactly!

Old 01-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
crazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond repute
Tennessee has a Castle Doctrine. Should an armed perpetrator break into my house they will be quickly introduced to a 5.56 77g round to the leg or shoulder. I do commend this AZ man for holding the guy until the police arrived. However if someone breaks into a house where my family lives I am afraid I would have acted differently.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:32 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
^ Please explain your logic. Why wouldn't you shoot to kill? I'm not giving a perp any chance to switch hands or hobble his way closer to my daughter's room.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Shoot to kill. Never shoot to wound.

A dead man can't tell his side of the story.

When I took the class for my CCW back in 92 the instructor told us two to the chest and one to the head.

Plus if he's dead he can't sue for damages.

Back in October 2005 the Castle Doctrine in FL was changed so that it follows you wherever you are legally allowed to carry and you can meet force with deadly force.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
^ Please explain your logic. Why wouldn't you shoot to kill? I'm not giving a perp any chance to switch hands or hobble his way closer to my daughter's room.
X2 here. Just dying to get sued by the guy you shot? Really tough to get on the stand and say you were in such a panic state to defend your life and family, but took the time to very carefully shoot him in the shoulder or leg.

X RING, x 2.

PS. Oh yea, and you WILL get the chance to get on the stand. Here in woderful Commiefornia, you would be defending why the courts shouldnt GIVE the intruder your home.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KimoTh3rapy
do you just post the random anomalies of badness...or do you balance out with instances where the cops did their job very well?
I'm going to have to agree with some people that I see eye to eye with. WTF are you thinking dude??

Last edited by "The JC"; 03-03-2010 at 01:23 AM.