Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Cop shot homeowner holding perp at gunpoint 6 times

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Cop shot homeowner holding perp at gunpoint 6 times

Phoenix Cops Shot Homeowner Tony Arambula Instead of Intruder - ABC News

Check out this quote:

At the hospital, Arambula was questioned by detectives immediately after coming out of surgery and told, according to the lawsuit, that the intruder would be cited and released because he was found to be unarmed.

"Tony was incredulous at their conclusion and asked the police if they had looked under Matthew's bed. The police assured him that they had done so and completed a thorough investigation, but promised to go back and look again," the lawsuit stated.

The intruder's gun was found under the boy's bed during a subsequent search.

I thought AZ has castle doctrine? I bet the homeowner is not waiting for the cops the next time he finds a perp at home.

Last edited by stuka; 01-08-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to allForzaForged is a name known to all
totally F'ed up....

Old 01-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Holy shit.

The first thing they should do is fire their lawyer. Only $5.75 million?? There are so many problems with how this went down, and ESPECIALLY after they knew he was the homeowner and his subsequent treatment? I've never, ever heard of a gunshot victim (criminal or civilian) being dragged out of the place of shooting, across a gravel driveway, and then driven down the street a ways ON THE HOOD OF THE POLICE CAR. And these guys weren't disciplined???

This poor guy. His entire quality of life is ruined, his wife and kids are traumatized, etc. That's just unbelievable.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to behold
do you just post the random anomalies of badness...or do you balance out with instances where the cops did their job very well?

Old 01-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KimoTh3rapy
do you just post the random anomalies of badness...or do you balance out with instances where the cops did their job very well?

What?!?

Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute

Stop looking for trouble.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond repute
One time I was doing like 10 over the speed limit, a cop pulled me over and could have given me a ticket but let me go with a warning, the highway was empty so I wasn't really putting anybody in danger. He used good judgment in not giving me a ticket and letting me go on my way with just a warning.

Happy?

Old 01-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone here knows Cops do good things on a daily basis and for the most part keep us safe. But when some use bad judgement, especially to this degree. It is worth the post. If you think otherwise, gtfo ---->

and this is an unreal story. what a terrible situation to be in

Old 01-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Secure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant future
Dead men don't tell tales.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Um, if you think the guys in this thread don't strongly support the police, you haven't been paying attention very well on this site . . .

Quick Reply: Cop shot homeowner holding perp at gunpoint 6 times