Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Gun in the house....

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
This thread really needs a revival... Chances are your kids will encounter a gun before they are ten. You decide: either you are around to show them or we can just read the obituaries later. Like EVERY BODY here seems to be saying... educate.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
I'm twenty two years old and still living at home.

Growing up when the subject of guns came up. My mother, who grew up with them in New York, always spoke of "No guns in the house". She was always scared of them for some reason. Once I found out why, I completely understood.

But when it came time to for myself to purchase a gun, out of protection. We had a certain racial stereotype living in my neighborhood. Note my neighborhood is your typical upper middle class neighborhood. I will not mention this stereotype, but every one can pretty much figure it out.

The situation was one of the incidents that took place in my neighborhood was that this person had a bad situation. And well, he got shot. I am not putting myself, my mother, my father, nor any of the people I deem "loved ones" in danger.

That is when I purchased my CZ52, my friends have them, I liked firing them, and I like the idea of them. The first day in my ownership, I sat down with my mother and explained to her my purchase. She was extremely upset at first, but when I said "Mom, I'd like to come with me on my trip to get my permit. If we can get educated together, I feel you would be more easy with this situation." That made her turn around real quick. She appreciated the thought so much, she allowed me to continue on with my process.

If you're thinking about my father's POV in this situation, he knew I was responsible enough to know when to use it and not. As long as I was educated on it and respected the gun, it was good for him.

After my Mother and I received our permits to carry. Twenty four hours did NOT pass before we had an intruder on our property. That's when my mother realized that my Father's trusty bat was not a good idea. The intruder was a customer of our stereotype resident. The Police were called, he was arrested, and the officer thanked myself for being a responsible citizen.

Like said in previous posts. If your children, mothers, fathers, SOs are taught to respect the gun. There is no fear of it being in the house. Responsibility is the biggest key to owning a gun.

I hope my story helps the OP with his situation.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Loki1911 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm liking that story man, pretty neat stuff! My mother used to be indifferent to guns now she has (sadly) become somewhat anti-gun, not to say she hates guns but she doesn't like the fact that I'm always armed even when the family gets together for dinner. After christmas however we had a "discussion" about the issue. I shared with her the story of that guy who dressed like Santa, knocked on his ex-wife's door, shot that poor little girl in the face just before wasting all those people... needless to say "screw" any one's opinion on the matter; no one is coming into my family's home and hurting any one while I'm alive... Guns most certainly have a place in the home... just be sure you know what your doing.