Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Synthetic vs. wood shotgun

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't realize I could get the 870 with a synthetic stock, maybe I'll go with that. I need to visit a local store and see which gun fits me the best (though most here don't stock Benelli).

Old 12-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Got this one for home defense:

My wifey has a Benelli Ultralight for sporting clays, super light:

very easy to shoot.

But if you want to go bad a$$ you need the Vinci

Vinci

Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
I do not think there's anything that will serve both purposes well. As far as durability, synthetic wings - that said, every shotgun I/we have (~15 or so) save for one is wood and they've held up to everything we've thrown at them. Duck hunting, quail, chukkar, grouse, high pheasant in England, etc.

When I competed shooting skeet, shoot clays, and hunt I prefer a long (30") barrel. For home defense I don't see that being practical. Also if you're going to do a 20ga, buy one that shoots 3" mag shells... Nice for long birds (S. Dakota pheasant and such). Personally I've never seen the need for 12 - I can shoot anything with a 20 that I can shoot with a 12. See the bird shoot the bird. A 12 is just heavier and kicks harder. However, if I was trying to blow someone's head off who had broken into my house, I'd prefer the 12.

On edit: be careful with magazine extensions, check your state law for sure

Last edited by cstroked; 12-09-2009 at 12:06 AM.