Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Looking to pick up a 5" 1911 for the range - Para, Kimber, Wilson, Ed Brown, others?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond repute
Les Baer FTW!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Secure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant future
Love them. What are the details on the black one?

Old 03-07-2008, 11:31 AM
CLS
Teamspeed Senior Member
CLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond repute
The LB black one with the CF grips is beautiful!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
Buy them all, you can never have too many 1911s. (I want that Wilson now, damnit.)

Old 03-07-2008, 03:33 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Wilson CQB, and love it. Frankly, it is really the only "botique" 1911 I'd ever consider buying again. I've had Baer's, other Wilson's, and a couple other lesser knowns; and you get nothing extra with the extra price. Yea, you'll get some stuff that might matter to a match competitor, but not the practical shooter. And sadly, match grade does not often equal reliable. Which is exactly why I'm so jazzed with my PT1911. I've paid three times more for some of my others, and they don't have the "bang" for the buck, or the performance.

Hell, one of my best friends is stationed with 5th SFG, and he borrowed the Taurus to put it through its paces. Now he's asked to borrow it for another month because its been such a good piece. He gets his choice of what he wants to use, and he's totally loving the PT1911. That's real world, that should tell ya something.

As for the pieces you showed, Wilson CQB without question.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Chris is on a distinguished roadChris is on a distinguished roadChris is on a distinguished roadChris is on a distinguished roadChris is on a distinguished roadChris is on a distinguished road
Wilson definitely make a fantastic gun. I've shot a Kimber Team Match II at length, and it is also a great shooter.

I have a Springfield Trophy Match that I like a lot. Just got back from shooting it, actually. Try to make some friends at the range so you might be able to shoot a few of these before you buy!

Chris

Old 03-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond reputeCool996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Secure
Love them. What are the details on the black one?
Back one is Les Baer Premier II with 1.5" guarantee at 50 yards. Other one is Concept VII comanche. Great guns with great story behind them.