Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Bore Sight AR15

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Neijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond repute
Bore Sight AR15

Thought it might be helpful to anyone that hasn't yet done this; simply sighting in a scope. Bought a laser bore sight, it comes with a target you need to place at 25'. Make sure you don't have any ammo in your chamber, barrel, mag, etc... place the laser inside the barrel, turn it on. The target sheet that comes with the laser, has a crosshair in the middle upper section, and a spot a couple of inches lower for the laser. At 25', with the laser pointed at the spot, dial the scope in until you reach the crosshair on the target.

PULL THE LASER BORE SIGHT OUT

Place a new target at 25 yards, adjust your scope either RL or UD. Repeat this at 50 yards, then at a hundred. My scope has an MOA of 1/4; so one click for lattitude or longitude equals 1/4 of an inch of movement right or left, up or down; at 100 yards.

This was my first time actually using a laser bore sight, absolutely loved it.

Once I had it zeroed in at 100 yards, well... that's almost too much fun for one guy. So I brought a friend of mine, and my girlfriend with me. Also took my DE 357M; my friend Jon brought his AK47, Colt 45 and a tactical shotgun.

Good Fun

The AR15 is a Stag Arms 2T 5.56 (or .223); this gun feels so natural, its almost like a hand extension. I still have a forward grip on order from MAKO, but the rails are nothing to complain about at all.

The scope I mounted on it was the Trijicon AccuPoint 3-9X40mm standard crosshair amber lens (LOVE this scope)