Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Selling AR-15 - Pricing help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Selling AR-15 - Pricing help?

A friend of mine was over today installing some new home theater stuff for me. Said he wanted an AR-15, but his dealer had a several month wait. I told him I had an extra one I had never fired that he was welcome to. What's the price? What's the most I could get in a private sale, and what would a dealer give me? I want to give him a price a few hundred below true market.

Never fired:
Colt AR-15
Short Barrel
Trijicon ACOG
Mounted Surefire big flashlight and laser

Old 01-16-2009, 08:46 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm.... a dealer would probably only do you about $1500, even with all of that on it. Private sale, the market being what it is, you could probably sell it for $2k because of the hardware that you have on it, maybe a little more.

Colts are selling, even in this market for $1300.

The rest is a guess without knowing which model light and laser you have on it.

A good deal for him would be $15 - 1700, if your in a generous mood.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Brian. That's about what I was thinking.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Larson7.62 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would hold onto it if I were you. He can find some online and have it shipped to a local FFL. In a short time, that NIB colt will be worth a pretty penny

Old 01-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know about all these waits I keep hearing about. The gun shops by me have had AR's the last 3 or 4 times I have been to them in the last month. I saw one the other day for 650.00. Most I see are around 900-1300

Old 01-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Larson7.62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
I don't know about all these waits I keep hearing about. The gun shops by me have had AR's the last 3 or 4 times I have been to them in the last month. I saw one the other day for 650.00. Most I see are around 900-1300
+1

All the gunshops in my area have them as well. They are all above 1k though

Old 02-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I'd hold on to it. Got rid of my fully kitted out AR about a year and a half ago and was only able to get around $900 for it. When I was at a gun show here in Texas a month ago I saw similarly specs versions going for up to $2000.