Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

My Pagani Huayra: from Build to Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 07:25 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
AArdent is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Hello Kris,
Greetings from India!
I 've been following you ever since you got your Veneno and always appreciated your superb passion!
Being an Indian petrolhead, it feels great to see fellow people of Indian origin own such beautiful stuff abroad. You may not know it, but your Veneno did create a flutter here in the Indian Supercar scene on social media!
Now after the Veneno, its great to see you getting the Huayra, and what is even better is that it is a one-off!
Hope you make a delivery video of your Huayra just as you did of the Veneno sharing the rare experience with the lesser mortals.
And oh, I m sure you must be tired of hearing this, but still, congratulations!

Cheers,
@automobiliardent on Instagram.
www.fb.com/automobiliardent

Last edited by AArdent; 06-21-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Zambrano
Oh wow!!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by AArdent
Hello Kris,
Greetings from India!
I 've been following you ever since you got your Veneno and always appreciated your superb passion!
Being an Indian petrolhead, it feels great to see fellow people of Indian origin own such beautiful stuff abroad. You may not know it, but your Veneno did create a flutter here in the Indian Supercar scene on social media!
Now after the Veneno, its great to see you getting the Huayra, and what is even better is that it is a one-off!
Hope you make a delivery video of your Huayra just as you did of the Veneno sharing the rare experience with the lesser mortals.
And oh, I m sure you must be tired of hearing this, but still, congratulations!

Cheers,
@automobiliardent on Instagram.
www.fb.com/automobiliardent

Thank you very much! But the "lesser mortals" comment is silly. We are all enthusiasts and it's an honor that I get the privilege of sharing my experience with everyone. I remember when David was getting his Zonda HH and how he shared it through on line forums with all of us. I thought that was the coolest thing any super car owner ever did. I am just following his lead. Since then, David and I have become friends. Now he's won Le Mans and I've accepted that I'll never catch up! Lol (CONGRATS AGAIN)!! My closest friend is also someone I met through the online car community. Like them, it's great to meet you and others who share our passion for cars.

I have received a lot of nice comments from people in India and I hear there are quite a few Verde Singh Lamborghini's on order over there. That is beyond an honor to me! I hope I get to visit again soon and meet up with you guys.

My Huayra is car #60. It is now complete and currently in testing. It should arrive to me in mid to late July. I look forward to sharing photos, videos and details of the experience which has been a real treat.

I wish everyone well and I thank you for all of your kind words!

Old 06-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Thanks a lot for the kind word Kris! Means a lot. We, back here in India hope to see you here in India with your machines. Hoping it happens sooner or later!
And yeah, even I heard about the Verde Singh Lambos. Hope they arrive soon!
I shall even start a thread here, trying my bit to keep the world updated on the small but significant Indian supercar scene.

Meanwhile, we patiently wait for your Huayra to come! Mind sharing the spec/color of the car? And will it be called Huayra KS?
PS: Pardon my ignorance if all this has been discussed before and I missed it.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZondaUFO
We are all enthusiasts and it's an honor that I get the privilege of sharing my experience with everyone.
This is an awesome comment, wish I could rep it but I'm over my quota!

Old 06-21-2014, 01:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ZondaUFO
Thanks!

Thank you very much! But the "lesser mortals" comment is silly. We are all enthusiasts and it's an honor that I get the privilege of sharing my experience with everyone. I remember when David was getting his Zonda HH and how he shared it through on line forums with all of us. I thought that was the coolest thing any super car owner ever did. I am just following his lead. Since then, David and I have become friends. Now he's won Le Mans and I've accepted that I'll never catch up! Lol (CONGRATS AGAIN)!! My closest friend is also someone I met through the online car community. Like them, it's great to meet you and others who share our passion for cars.

I have received a lot of nice comments from people in India and I hear there are quite a few Verde Singh Lamborghini's on order over there. That is beyond an honor to me! I hope I get to visit again soon and meet up with you guys.

My Huayra is car #60. It is now complete and currently in testing. It should arrive to me in mid to late July. I look forward to sharing photos, videos and details of the experience which has been a real treat.

I wish everyone well and I thank you for all of your kind words!
Just a question - do you how many Huayra's have actually been delivered? I know your car is #60 but Pagani have already delivered cars with higher numbers (#88 for example), and I believe other owners have asked for their car to carry a certain VIN ending. Did you specify 60 or was that just given?

Old 06-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Meanwhile, we patiently wait for your Huayra to come! Mind sharing the spec/color of the car? And will it be called Huayra KS?
PS: Pardon my ignorance if all this has been discussed before and I missed it.
Thank you! The car has a special name but it is not my initials or related to me in any way. It's all about Horacio!

There isn't anything on the exterior of my Huayra (other than the name badge) that would indicate that it is any different from others you've seen. There are some minor differences, but nothing that is visible on the exterior.

I have noticed the rapid growth of exotic cars in India over the past few years. It must be very exciting times for the car enthusiasts over there!

Originally Posted by Will_CA
Just a question - do you how many Huayra's have actually been delivered? I know your car is #60 but Pagani have already delivered cars with higher numbers (#88 for example), and I believe other owners have asked for their car to carry a certain VIN ending. Did you specify 60 or was that just given?
I am not sure how the VIN's are assigned. Maybe dealers are allocated certain build numbers based on region? Just guessing.

They have finished my car on time in spite of some significant changes to the design that I added midway through the build. My Huayra has been in the works for well over a year. Now, it's just a few (long) weeks away!!

Old 06-22-2014, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Loving the way you are paying tribute to the master! There might be supercar companies and their CEOs but Horacio is something else!
I am assuming yours will be finished in naked Carbon Fiber given your love for CF and the Zonda 760RS. Just guessing!
And about the Indian scene, yes, it has grown a lot in the last 5-7 years. Aventadors and Gallardos cost like £750,000 and £400,000(respectively) here but there no stopping from people buying them. Gallardos sell like hot cakes here! Hope to see you in India soon mate!

[ PS: I ed be starting a new thread for India as soon as I get a reply from DJ. We shall discuss about the supercar clubs here on the thread! ]

Old 06-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
IainC is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Kris

Congratulations on the incoming Huayra, I can imagine the next few weeks will drag like crazy!
I've been a massive fan of Pagani ever since I first saw the Zonda, and I've been lucky enough to meet Horacio at the Goodwood FoS here in England, and also tour the factory on our European roadtrip last year.
There were a number of half built Huarya's at the new factory when we were there, and the attention to detail on the cars is absolutely mind blowing. I applaud the unique approach they have to building supercars, it's fantastic to see a small company take on the big boys down the road in Sant'agata and Maranello.

Looking forward to seeing the finished car, as well as hearing more about the unique design elements you've gone for.

If possibly I'd also love to hear/read about how the consultation/ordering process happens with Pagani, as I'm sure it's a lot more complex than picking your paint finish and choosing your wheels.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
And about the Indian scene, yes, it has grown a lot in the last 5-7 years. Aventadors and Gallardos cost like £750,000 and £400,000(respectively) here but there no stopping from people buying them. Gallardos sell like hot cakes here! Hope to see you in India soon mate!

[ PS: I ed be starting a new thread for India as soon as I get a reply from DJ. We shall discuss about the supercar clubs here on the thread! ]
That's very exciting! I look forward to following your thread!

Originally Posted by IainC
Hi Kris

Congratulations on the incoming Huayra, I can imagine the next few weeks will drag like crazy!
I've been a massive fan of Pagani ever since I first saw the Zonda, and I've been lucky enough to meet Horacio at the Goodwood FoS here in England, and also tour the factory on our European roadtrip last year.
There were a number of half built Huarya's at the new factory when we were there, and the attention to detail on the cars is absolutely mind blowing. I applaud the unique approach they have to building supercars, it's fantastic to see a small company take on the big boys down the road in Sant'agata and Maranello.

Looking forward to seeing the finished car, as well as hearing more about the unique design elements you've gone for.

If possibly I'd also love to hear/read about how the consultation/ordering process happens with Pagani, as I'm sure it's a lot more complex than picking your paint finish and choosing your wheels.
Thank You! Yes, their operation is very impressive! I am counting the days! I am like a little kid in the car asking, "are we there yet?" I ask for a delivery update daily. I want to know the tail number of the plane that will transport my car so I can track it like Santa!

Pagani has mastered the most important and the most difficult part of creating a successful new company in a crowded market - they have clearly defined what Pagani is and what makes them different than any other brand in a way that appeals to many people. Most start up car companies struggle and fail due to their inability to define themselves. There are and have been many brands with much deeper pockets that haven't been able to set themselves apart and create their own identity in the market and that is (and has been) the kiss of death. As long as Pagani stays on course with Horacio's vision, I am sure Pagani Automobili will grow in all the right ways and remain a leader of the industry.

The ordering process is very detailed as you would expect. I think most Pagani owners are very passionate about the brand and have a clear idea about what they want. Prestige Imports and Pagani Automobili have been great about addressing all of my crazy requests - which I will get into in more detail when I have visual aids. Approx. 1 more month to go!

Thanks Everyone!

Last edited by ZondaUFO; 06-24-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
tannermash is on a distinguished roadtannermash is on a distinguished roadtannermash is on a distinguished roadtannermash is on a distinguished roadtannermash is on a distinguished road
WOW!!! Can't wait to see the final results!! Congrats brother!

Quick Reply: My Pagani Huayra: from Build to Delivery