Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Pagani Huayra Top Gear (Spoiler Alert)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:49 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by exRockstar
I dont even think that the Agera R is needed... A basic Agera would left the Huayra in the dust. Aswell a mp4-12c hs would also pull the job.....
haha

Old 01-29-2013, 04:34 PM
ddk
Teamspeed Junior Member
ddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Artist
^I hope they drive the Agera R as-well..would be interesting to see what it can do
I was checking out the wicki for Top Gears track times when the page refreshed with a Agera R time of 1:05 Episode 19.2

List of Top Gear test track Power Lap Times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can this be confirmed anyone?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ddk
I was checking out the wicki for Top Gears track times when the page refreshed with a Agera R time of 1:05 Episode 19.2

List of Top Gear test track Power Lap Times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can this be confirmed anyone?
That is BS.... Otherwise thats the slamdunk of the year! You cannot trust wikipedia...
It makes reference to the second episode of this series.... Do not believe that. New cover of Evo is that purple and gold Agera...

Last edited by exRockstar; 01-29-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:24 PM
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^Its just some Fanboy going nutts.

here is the guide to ep 2

he brand new series of the world's most popular car show continues with an epic road trip across the western side of the United States in three front-engined supercars. With Jeremy Clarkson in a Lexus LFA, Richard Hammond driving the new Dodge Viper and James May choosing the latest Aston Martin Vanquish a glorious soundtrack is guaranteed, as are furious arguments about which is best as the trio head from Las Vegas to Los Angeles and on to Palm Springs. Along the way, the three presenters take in racing circuits, airborne attacks and a race against the police before making a break for the Mexican border with a terrifying penalty for the last car to make it. Meanwhile, back in the studio, legendary Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

and 3

The trio take part in an epic race from Wembley to the San Siro stadium in Milan. Hampered by a rule about price, Clarkson maximises his bang-for-buck with a £35,000, 662 horsepower Shelby Mustang GT500 whilst Hammond and May pin their hopes to the ever-improving, pan-European rail network. The weinner will receive tickets to a top flight football match. Jeremy also test drives the brand new Toyota GT86 coupe and car-loving singer-songwriter Amy MacDonald is the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

No agera R as far as i can see

Old 01-29-2013, 05:47 PM
The Pagani Huayra is the fastest road car ever at the BBC Top Gear Test track

Italian supercar manufacturer Pagani Automobili celebrates the record at the Top Gear Test Track achieved by the 2012 multiple Car of the Year Award winning Pagani Huayra.

Driven by the Stig, the road legal 200+ mph Pagani Huayra, equipped with Pirelli PZero Corsa specifically designed by Pirelli just for the Huayra and powered by a bespoke 6.0 litre V12 twin turbo AMG engine, has been able to record a brilliant lap time of 1min13.8secs, by far the fastest lap time scored by a production car in the history of BBC Top Gear and just 3 seconds shy of the laptime achieved by the track only Pagani Zonda R.

Richard Hammond, who conducted a thorough test of the Pagani Huayra said The drama isn’t just restricted to the speed, because inside it looks like a Victorian’s idea of the 23rd Century. And the detail is beyond obsessive.” or “Pagani has never lost it's innocence” and concluded with “If you can afford it, the message from all us enthusiasts is: do it, do it, do it! ".

Mr. Horacio Pagani CEO and Chief Designer of Pagani Automobili:

“We are delighted by this result and it makes us proud. We knew the Huayra had a fair chance of being quick but the time scored was beyond our expectations and we give credit also to an amazing drive by the Stig. But, on top of that, we are delighted that the audience has appreciated our efforts in trying to make a car that conveys not only cutting edge technology and state-of-the-art engineering, but also the continued pursuit of making every single piece beautiful and functional at the same time. I would like to thank all our partners, without them it would have been impossible to achieve such an incredible result”.

Mr. Luca Venturi Press Manager of Pagani Automobili:

“It’s been an incredible year for Pagani Automobili, who we all worked together to achieve these astonishing results. After winning the three European most prestigious Car Of the Year Awards, we were delighted to see Richard so captivated by philosophy behind the Huayra and sharing his feelings with the whole Top Gear audience all around the world”.

Pagani would like to thank its partners:

AMG
ASPA
BREMBO
GRUPPO DANI
MHG
PIRELLI

Old 01-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
At the end of the Wikipedia page:

This page was last modified on 29 January 2013 at 20:08.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:59 PM
^the time and date of a troll attack

Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure if an Agera R will ever make it to Top Gear, however rumour has it that an employee at Koenigsegg said there was. They have already begun filming season 20, so maybe we will see one then. I highly doubt there will be one in season 19 though.

And how will it compare to the Huayra? Well they weigh the same, but Agera R has 400hp more, and we know that an Agera R will consistenly pull 1.6 lateral G, whereas we only know that the Huayra did 1.66G on a corner at the 'Ring. But banking affects lateral G, so I'm not sure what its official consistent lateral G rating is. I'm sure its a bit less than 1.66, so lets just call it 1.6 for the sake of a fair comparison. Being that the TGTT is pretty tight, the Agera R may only be able to put down all its power in a few places, where it should gain time over the Huayra, and it does brake a bit faster as well, so it will gain time there as well. Otherwise, being that they corner very similarly, I would expect an Agera R to run maybe a second or a bit more faster. In the 1:12.5 area or so. Of course this is assuming the track is in the same conditions as the Huayra's lap and the Stig is having a good day. Its all speculation really.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
You make some good points, but let me add this. Sheer power is not a guarantee of good lap times; you only have to look at F1 cars from the 80's that were twice as powerful as the F1 cars of today to find the current cars are a hell of a lot quicker.

One of the guys from Koenigsegg has stated on the other thread that a final decision to present a car for test has not been made yet. But the problem they will have is that they are likely to run out of time to make an impression if they don’t do it now. With McLaren already claiming that the P1 will be faster around a track than any street legal car and the fact that their car is regularly tested on the Top Gear track I think they think they have this one in the bag.

As I said before as great as the Pagani's time is I predict both the new Ferrari and the P1 will have it beat by the middle of the year, so where does that leave Koenigsegg? I suspect it could be as quick as or maybe slightly quicker than the Pagani, but I would bet good money that it will be no where near as fast as the P1. So unless they set a time very soon they will not have a chance claim a record at all for the Agera R.

One last point, if Koenigsegg having seen the Pagani's time are not sure they could beat it then they best stay away, as the negative publicity would not be in their interest.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
elhimiel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by streetrod454
Look we all know the Agera R is faster in a straight line than the Huayra but that does not mean it will be faster around a track. We all saw a classic example of this on the Top Gear track when they tested the Veyron, which had 350hp more, and the Zonda F against each other. In a drag race the Veyron killed the Zonda but it was slower than the Zonda on the Top Gear Track. Here are the times and video's, and lets not forget that the Top Gear track favour's powerful cars as it has long straights

1.17.8 sec Zonda
1.18.3 sec Veyron

Pagani Zonda F vs Bugatti Veyron drag race - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube

Bugatti Veyron & Zonda F Stig Laps - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube

So in conclusion I think its best not to make assumptions.

Just to add another element to this discussion we know the Venom GT is even faster in a straight line than the Agera R, but that car has also yet to prove how effective it is around a track
You are comparing apples to oranges.

I am going to throw some Top Gear times and you and see if you can guess what the difference between the two Zonda Fs is. Ready?

01:17.6 Koenigsegg CCX (Michelin Pilot Sport 2)
01:17.8 Pagani Zonda Roadster F (Michelin Pilot Sport Cup)
01:18.3 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 (Michelin Pilot Sport 2)
01:18.4 Pagani Zonda F (Michelin Pilot Sport 2)

Yes, you are correct! The Zonda F that beat the Veyron were wearing Pilot Sport Cups which are full blooded race tires used in endurance races like 24h Le Mans. The Zonda F on comparable Pilot Sport 2 is however the slowest of the bunch. Slower than the Veyron and much slower than the Koenigsegg.

The tires make no difference you say? Being stubborn? Ok, then let's add the much improved Michelin Super Sport to our list.

01:16.2 McLaren MP4-12C (Michelin Super Sport)
01:16.8 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport (Michelin Super Sport)
01:17.1 Gumpert Apollo Sport (Michelin Super Sport)

Wait? So now the fat Veyron is a quicker track car than the Zonda F? Didn't the original Veyron pull under 1g lateral acceleration with the PS2s compared to the Zondas 1.2g (PS2) and 1.4g (Pilot Sport Club)? And look; a technically inferior MP4-12C defying the laws of physics have entered our list! How can this be?!?! Let's panic!!!!!

Time to bring order to this madness!! Let's add Pirelli's new P Zero compound developed for the Zonda R.

01.13.8 Pagani Huayra (Pirelli Pagani P Zero)
01:16.2 McLaren MP4-12C (Michelin Super Sport)
01:16.8 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport (Michelin Super Sport)
01:17.1 Gumpert Apollo Sport (Michelin Super Sport)

And there you go. Order restored. Phew!

Originally Posted by Will_CA
I'm not sure if an Agera R will ever make it to Top Gear, however rumour has it that an employee at Koenigsegg said there was. They have already begun filming season 20, so maybe we will see one then. I highly doubt there will be one in season 19 though.

And how will it compare to the Huayra? Well they weigh the same, but Agera R has 400hp more, and we know that an Agera R will consistenly pull 1.6 lateral G, whereas we only know that the Huayra did 1.66G on a corner at the 'Ring. But banking affects lateral G, so I'm not sure what its official consistent lateral G rating is. I'm sure its a bit less than 1.66, so lets just call it 1.6 for the sake of a fair comparison. Being that the TGTT is pretty tight, the Agera R may only be able to put down all its power in a few places, where it should gain time over the Huayra, and it does brake a bit faster as well, so it will gain time there as well. Otherwise, being that they corner very similarly, I would expect an Agera R to run maybe a second or a bit more faster. In the 1:12.5 area or so. Of course this is assuming the track is in the same conditions as the Huayra's lap and the Stig is having a good day. Its all speculation really.
Yes the Huayra pulls 1.5g on the skidpad and a little more on banked corners. The biggest difference is in the tires as the Zonda F with Pilot Sport 2 pulled 1.2g and the Clubsport with it's Pilot Sport Cup pulls 1.4g. This is partly how they managed to get past the CCX (1.3g on PS2) in the EVO/Pagani administered "test" at the Ring despite being beaten in all objective tests. Unless Pirelli has stirred up a special mix designed for testing purposes the Agera R should be a little faster.

An important point to be made though is how much credibility can you give these types of tests when Nissan and Chevrolet can beat them both by setting up camp at the Ring, seat a F1 driver, use a softer compound and god knows what else. It's worrying when a car like the MP4-12C beats them by simply swapping tires to Super Sports and this "small" detail goes unnoticed by the so called objective testers. If the EVO/Pagani test showed us anything it's that even the supposedly old Enzo is still competitive if you run it on Cups while Top Gear would have you believe it's the car that's more than a second slower than the CCX and Zonda F Clubsport on their short track. At some point it all becomes a little bit absurd and I believe they've passed that point a long time ago. If they were really serious about testing the cars then the only way to do it is on comparable tires with the same driver on the same track on the same day. At the very least they could clearly indicate what types of tires they're using.

Quick Reply: Pagani Huayra Top Gear (Spoiler Alert)