Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Jethro Bovingdon finds out just how fast the Koenigsegg Agera R is

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by exRockstar
Yes, seriously, there are some wicked retarded people in this forum. Always comparing brands to each other. Production numbers, ring times, etc, etc.... As many arguments these people can pull out about Pagani or anyother manufacture, i can pull the same for Koenigsegg or anyother brand. Koenigsegg is what it is, and its undoubtly my idol brand and maybe the best hypercar brand ever. It pursues its own targets, some of them are industry mandatory other are their own believe that need to put to a record test. Please respect their car concept and hard work that goes into it as anyother brand.
First off Rockstar, your use of the word "Retarded" is offensive and is not welcomed.

Second I have a huge amount of respect for Koenigsegg, I am actually good friends with a couple of guys that work for him in the factory, and in a number of other posts I have said very good things about his cars.

My comments on the previous page pointed to the fact that little if any video or print media existed showing what the Agera could do or was like on the roads and around corners. Nearly all that existed was of the car blasting down Koenigsegg's runway. Any dragster can do that.

I was actually congratulating Jethro Bovington on taking the car to a track and seeing what it went like around corners, but he still failed to give an impression of what the cars road manners were like. No doubt you know track performance and road performance are two very different things.

My concerns about the company’s long term viability I think are sound. Currently 49% of it is owned by investors and they expect a return. With the likes of McLaren, Ferrari, Bugatti and Pagani all now chasing the same customer base willing to spend well over a million pounds for a car, none of them are guaranteed sales going forward, they need to fight for them

If you want a better indication of how things really are check out the huge depreciation you get on a Koenigsegg in the second hand market, Koenigsegg need to address this to instil future customers with confidence that their car will only be worth 60% of its sale price as soon as they drive it away

Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eddingtonsons
He was extremely complimentary - he gave the car 5* and despite having a moan for a couple of pages about what he thought about koenigsegg, by the end of the review he finally conceded what a triumph the vehicle was.
Sorry mate I have well and truly missed that review, I have done a search and cannot find it, do have a link or can point me to where I could read it?

Thanks

Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by streetrod454
First off Rockstar, your use of the word "Retarded" is offensive and is not welcomed.

Second I have a huge amount of respect for Koenigsegg, I am actually good friends with a couple of guys that work for him in the factory, and in a number of other posts I have said very good things about his cars.

My comments on the previous page pointed to the fact that little if any video or print media existed showing what the Agera could do or was like on the roads and around corners. Nearly all that existed was of the car blasting down Koenigsegg's runway. Any dragster can do that.

I was actually congratulating Jethro Bovington on taking the car to a track and seeing what it went like around corners, but he still failed to give an impression of what the cars road manners were like. No doubt you know track performance and road performance are two very different things.

My concerns about the company’s long term viability I think are sound. Currently 49% of it is owned by investors and they expect a return. With the likes of McLaren, Ferrari, Bugatti and Pagani all now chasing the same customer base willing to spend well over a million pounds for a car, none of them are guaranteed sales going forward, they need to fight for them

If you want a better indication of how things really are check out the huge depreciation you get on a Koenigsegg in the second hand market, Koenigsegg need to address this to instil future customers with confidence that their car will only be worth 60% of its sale price as soon as they drive it away
I completly agree with you. I dont care about that. If they will ever go bust, i highly doubt, than who ever bought one will be very happy because they will have made a very good investment. I hope that they will not go bust because we already agreed in working toghether as also with Pagani. So big news for this comunity in the very near future. Other brands are also involved.
Im not into that that Koenigsegg need to prove anything. Really, i dont care. I simply adore the car and the man. The "you're welcome" was not for you! Many other things that we could discuss over and over here, public, but as i pointed out one of these days these lead to nothing. For me koenisegg the brand that most identifies with what i perceive with a hypercar. And if you felt offended with the retarded word or as some dis with the wicked retarded one, Thats because you guys give me to much importance. You shouldnt even botter if you are superior to it, in this case you showed, not only you, that you guys are not.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
EddieBarbie is on a distinguished roadEddieBarbie is on a distinguished road
Come on, Man, please don't make personal attack. We are petrol head, we are

coming for discussion but not for quarrel. I respect both car makers, their

bosses are REAL MAN!!! Polite and rational(in youtube).

Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
Don't put yourself down so much exrocker. I honestly think that you are awesome and that I have not been giving you anywhere near the importance that you deserve, but this will change. I have been using your phrase a lot already and I now feel that we are building a special bond. Wicked!

Old 10-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by exRockstar
I completly agree with you. I dont care about that. If they will ever go bust, i highly doubt, than who ever bought one will be very happy because they will have made a very good investment. I hope that they will not go bust because we already agreed in working toghether as also with Pagani. So big news for this comunity in the very near future. Other brands are also involved.
Im not into that that Koenigsegg need to prove anything. Really, i dont care. I simply adore the car and the man. The "you're welcome" was not for you! Many other things that we could discuss over and over here, public, but as i pointed out one of these days these lead to nothing. For me koenisegg the brand that most identifies with what i perceive with a hypercar. And if you felt offended with the retarded word or as some dis with the wicked retarded one, Thats because you guys give me to much importance. You shouldnt even botter if you are superior to it, in this case you showed, not only you, that you guys are not.
Wow! That has to be a record as I have not understood a word you have said above. Rockstar if English is not your first language I understand, but at least put your script through a spell checker to sort out your grammar and spelling. We might then understand the point you are trying to make.

As a dyslexic I use one all the time

Old 10-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by streetrod454
Wow! That has to be a record as I have not understood a word you have said above. Rockstar if English is not your first language I understand, but at least put your script through a spell checker to sort out your grammar and spelling. We might then understand the point you are trying to make.

As a dyslexic I use one all the time
I know, you're right. Truth is i was on iPhone, and typing is not what I'm better at, but if you feel that the word fits you, wear it. Otherwise you have to be superior to it and avoid complaining that I'm offending you, cuz thats for pussies. And yes english its not my first language.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:58 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Can someone find that review Chris did.. ??

And exrockstar.. you are very defensive without being factual.

Makes you look like the WRC ..

Now you could instead put up some numbers, some facts or some reviews telling that it is more than a damn fast and damn impressive straight line dragster.

Or you could just say, all that you seek in a hypercar is straight line performance..and we could leave it at that!

In that case it will be a matter of taste and preference, and that is nothing to discuss, if you want to discuss put up some facts!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by The Artist
Can someone find that review Chris did.. ??

And exrockstar.. you are very defensive without being factual.

Makes you look like the WRC ..

Now you could instead put up some numbers, some facts or some reviews telling that it is more than a damn fast and damn impressive straight line dragster.

Or you could just say, all that you seek in a hypercar is straight line performance..and we could leave it at that!

In that case it will be a matter of taste and preference, and that is nothing to discuss, if you want to discuss put up some facts!
Yep, just like you base on that every manufacture copies Pagani.....

Old 10-25-2012, 12:05 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^ No just Koenigsegg and not copy just highly inspired by Pagani..

Nothing wrong with that.. just a bit unimaginative i feel.

Read what i write next time

Quick Reply: Jethro Bovingdon finds out just how fast the Koenigsegg Agera R is