Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

One-off Koenigsegg Agera

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012 | 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Post Koenigsegg One:1 – First official details

Koenigsegg One:1 – First official details
We have the first official details on the new Koenigsegg One:1, the most extreme Koenigsegg produced to date, a series of 5 cars for China.

The Interwebs have been full of speculation about a new Koenigsegg in the last few days – the Koenigsegg One:1 – which has surfaced after a brochure scan for the One:1 was leaked online (above).

The general consensus has been that the One:1 is a new customisation programme for Koenigsegg, allowing buyers to customise their cars in an even more extreme way. But it’s not.

We know it’s not because we did the only sensible thing you can do when rumours are rife – go to the horse’s mouth. So we spoke to Christian von Koenigsegg.

Christian is busy flitting between Bangkok, Hong Kong and Dubai on a selling mission. Which gives you the first clue about the Koenigsegg One:1 – it’s a limited run of cars aimed at China.

In fact, the Koenigsegg One:1 is a run of just five cars and the One:1 refers to its power – 1 hp for every 1 kg of weight. Which, if we base the weight of the One:1 as being slightly heavier than the Agera R, will see power somewhere between 1250hp and 1350hp, a big jump on the Agera R’s 1140hp.

That should be enough power to give the One:1 performance that eclipses Bugatti’s Veyron Super Sport’s 0-62mph of 2.5 seconds and turn the One:1 in to the world’s fastest production car. And what will it cost? $2 million. When will it arrive? Christian says the project is still at the early stages and a production date is not yet set.

That’s all we managed to prise out of Christian as he hops round the other side of the world, but hopefully he’ll get back to us when he’s back in Sweden next week with more. We’ll update then.

Source: Koenigsegg One:1 - First official details

Old 11-24-2012 | 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
The current power struggle within the super car ranks is starting to worry me now. The post above has suggested that the new Egg will be faster to 60mph than the Veyron, but here’s the thing, the Veyron has the advantage of 4WD, how much traction can the Egg expect to produce being only 2WD? And just to make sure they can go out on a high Bugatti have announced their new version of the Veyron that will have a 288mph top speed and hit 60MPH in less than 2 seconds, with the best will in the world Koenigsegg or anyone else cant expect to compete with that.
And what happens if god forbid an accident occurs when they are testing at these speeds, lets not forget that the Veyron test driver during his last record run stated that he would be unwilling to try it again, it scared the shit out of him, and that run was 20mph slower than they hope to go in the new car

Surly top speed is now an irrelevant statistic. Most mid range super cars will go over 200MPH, The likes of the Aventador will hit nearly 220mph, and that is about the maximum you could ever hope to achieve on the road.

I am more impressed with the likes of the new Ferrari F70 and the McLaren P1, top speeds have never been on their radar, they are more interested in a car that will be fastest around a track, which you can then drive home in comfort.

The extremes of the Veyron and the next possible Egg may look impressive on paper but will never ever be experienced by their owners

Old 11-24-2012 | 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eddingtonsons
Watch out in Saudi bud - flipping scary country to visit.

I'm working briefly in Libya for a bit next year and i cannot say im particularly looking forward to it!
Don't worry mate, I work in Oil & Gas, most of the places I go too are scary Its just part of the job

Old 11-24-2012 | 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Clearly waters are dividing. Ferrari and McLaren and we must add pagani in that lot. All aim to create the fastest car on the track and also exciting to drive. On the other hand we have Bugatti and Koenigsegg, who have made the maximum speed of your banner. Bugatti has already demonstrated his power but koenigsegg has a score to settle with the agera r top speed whose data are empirical because it can not find the right place to carry out. As for the owners I do not think want to experience their maximum speed. I have never read a Bugatti Veyron owner has experienced the maximum speed, even so, there are always people willing to pay for them. I have doubts about koenigsegg, will only be 5 cars and all for China, seems closer to a style zonda r, that a legal road car, but equally impressive. Apparently there for every taste, you just have to choose.

Old 11-25-2012 | 12:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
As long as Andy Green is willing to strap himself to a 1000-mph Roman candle, there will be drivers willing to take this new breed of cars to their limits. Don't discount record top speed runs so quickly. Hell, they found someone to drive that Ultimate Aero 257 on a public highway.

Old 11-28-2012 | 04:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
This is what I call a good rendering:

Old 11-28-2012 | 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Member
Eddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by streetrod454
Don't worry mate, I work in Oil & Gas, most of the places I go too are scary Its just part of the job
Can't say i ever relish going to places where i am assigned a bodyguard..

Old 11-29-2012 | 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
elhimiel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by streetrod454
Wow!!, Even Exrockstar managed to take my comments in the way they were intended, but you feel the need to try and start another argument, how very sad.

I do wonder if you actually read the posts you have a pop at because judging by your latest silly comments, it appears you don't.

As for getting banned, its not me you have to worry about mate.

By the way I have a business trip to Sweden and the Koenigsegg factory booked in the new year, feel free to join me and we can carry on this discussion face to face, if not there then why don't you come and see me in Saudi in mid February, I will over there recruiting a few senior guys onto the management team, I'm sure a guy like you will fit in no problem

P.S. Don't forget to ask permission from your mum first
Sorry about the late reply, mate. I had prior engagements so unfortunately you just had wait.

First of all, you're not one to take a compliment, are you? I find it ironic that you would misinterpret my praise and then accuse me of doing the same mistake in regards to you? It's quite shocking. Being the master of the internet however, you are forgiven.

I doubt you'll find much trouble in wonderful Saudi Arabia, mr J. You are such a great Ambassador for your oil and gas company there should be no problem finding management that can attract interest from investors around these parts. Good luck and hope you enjoy your vacation.

I'm so happy to hear that you finally managed to talk your way into a factory tour. Don't forget to grab a free catalogue and some goodies on your way out. We're all dying to see photos of your free treats.

All the best.

Originally Posted by ApexAutoVideo
Hey, If I bash you a bit too, can I tag along to the factory as well?
Did you ask my mom? Then NO.

Old 12-02-2012 | 06:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
The onehundred chassis is already out!!! Koenigsegg Agera Hundra!!!

Old 12-02-2012 | 08:13 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^What is the one hundred chassis?

Quick Reply: One-off Koenigsegg Agera