Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Pagani Huayra Confirmed for 2013 U.S. Deliveries

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012 | 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
texanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond repute
40 cars total? I just dont understand how they would make any money on that.

Wow that bare cardon does look amazing on it.

Old 09-23-2012 | 07:36 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
40 Coupes then 40 roadsters..and then they will probably go on to F's and Cinques and what nots..
So all in all i would say somewhere between 100-150 ( guessing).

And more than 15 of those will find their way to the US im sure.

But that's over several years.

Remember the Zonda was in production from 1999 to 2012 ( if the passione is the last one)

PS
On the other hand the order book was 80 cars deep when i visited Pagani and that was after the debut at the geneva show in 2011.
Not sure if all those were for the coupe or the upcoming roadster as-well, in the latter case i guess its more or less sold out by now.

Last edited by La Artist; 09-23-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2012 | 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
texanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond repute
Well that make a lot more sense, thanks for the clarification!

Old 09-24-2012 | 04:01 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Rage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by The Artist
40 Coupes then 40 roadsters..and then they will probably go on to F's and Cinques and what nots..
So all in all i would say somewhere between 100-150 ( guessing).

And more than 15 of those will find their way to the US im sure.

But that's over several years.

Remember the Zonda was in production from 1999 to 2012 ( if the passione is the last one)

PS
On the other hand the order book was 80 cars deep when i visited Pagani and that was after the debut at the geneva show in 2011.
Not sure if all those were for the coupe or the upcoming roadster as-well, in the latter case i guess its more or less sold out by now.
They won't build just 40 coupes. Where did you get that from? They're planning to build 25 Huayras this year, ramping up to 40 cars in 2013. Why would they stop the coupe production halfway through? It's 40 cars a year from 2013, that's why they built a new production facility. These 40 cars will include roadsters and other variations in the coming years, though.

Old 09-24-2012 | 07:42 AM
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^The normal coupe before it goes on to a upgrade possible Huayra S, shouldn't be many more than 40, that's what i heard, but all the information points in different directions.

Lets just say they wont make 40 huayras total nor will they make 400 ..

Old 09-24-2012 | 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
My information comes from Mr Pagani himself, I was invited to the launch of the Huayra.

The new factory was purchased because they intended to produce the Huayra at a rate of 40 per year, this was to cope with their biggest new market, the USA and the fact that the new car can now be sold in all world markets. This was not the case with the Zonda.

Also they needed to claw back the huge investment they have made in the development of the Huayra.

AMG have also managed to guarantee them that the new engine will be compliant with world emission targets for the ten year like span of the new car, this they could not have done with the old NA 7.3 motor which was why it was dropped.

So yes at full capacity 40 cars can be produced per year from the new factory, which over a ten year life span equals 400 cars. This information can from the main man himself

The Zonda situation was completely different as that was a start up situation; Pagani had no presence in the market when he first introduced that car. Also his relationship with AMG was also very new with no long term deals in place at the time, so they just drip feed him engines when he required one.

This time around AMG have made a significant investment in developing the new engine, so both companies are going to expect pay back, and that can only be achieved if the car has a decent life span.

So yes we will see various variations on a theme like we have seen with the Zonda, and at nearly half the price of a new Zonda it is actually not bad value as it will be priced at similar level to the McLaren P1, the Porsche 918 and the Ferrari F70.

Also from a build numbers point of view it will be rarer than the others

Last edited by streetrod454; 09-24-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-24-2012 | 09:28 AM
^Seems fair to me, but once again remember that will be roadsters and all different variants.

So there wont be 400 huayra coupes, and maybe 15 of the coupes will go to the US, but far more off the 400 total huayras should end up in the US.

Thnx for the info

Old 09-24-2012 | 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The Artist
^Seems fair to me, but once again remember that will be roadsters and all different variants.

So there wont be 400 huayra coupes, and maybe 15 of the coupes will go to the US, but far more off the 400 total huayras should end up in the US.

Thnx for the info
Right, 400 hundred cars over the life span including all variants, obviously that final figure will be a moving target. But yes the US market will get as many as it can take from the total; it’s all down to market forces

Old 10-07-2012 | 03:00 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
From what I have heard yesterday, there are more than 20 orders collected in US already. Assuming that its true Horacio must work hard to deliver first cars to the US customers as fast as possible.

I thing Auto Gallery and our good friends at Prestige will sell even more, I would bet on some 20% of the total production run.