Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Any news on the SSC Tuatara?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Any news on the SSC Tuatara?

I loved the concept car for Tuatara (despite the name) and thought it was on track to production at some point. Does anyone have any insight into if/when the first production car will be built?

Old 07-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I fear they may have gone under, there has been no word from them since March on their twitter page,

SSC North America (SSCNorthAmerica) on Twitter

and no updates on their web site since January.

SSC North America- Home of the Tuatara & Ultimate Aero

and a guy posted on a forum (cant remember where, it may have been this one?) that he had word from a reliable source that they had run into money troubles.

I hope all this is untrue as I for one was really looking forward to the Tuatara hitting production.

They also have not posted here, and considering they are Teamspeed sponsers, it all does not bode well. Any insight DJ?

Last edited by alan w; 07-23-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:59 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
They haven't been sponsors here for almost two years, haven't heard a peep about them in a while.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's a damn shame. The Ultimate Aero has so much potential in the form of a restyle. Hell of a platform to build off of. Oh well, that's just the reality of a homebrewed supercar company.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:36 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
It was shit. Anything else you need to know?

Old 07-27-2012, 04:21 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to see Jerod Shelby realize his dreams, but I never had a lot of faith we'd see the new car reach production. I can think of one person who will probably be happy about that, not to mention a whole host of engineers at Bugatti.

>8^)
ER

Old 07-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
They spent too much time publicizing the kit car and acting like 10 year olds "we're the fastest, we're the fastest" and ran out of money after showing what they should have built in the first place.
Shit timing.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Agree. It was a twat.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
zbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to all
I thought they pre-sold a bunch of orders at a car show in dubai or something?

Old 07-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by zbaums
I thought they pre-sold a bunch of orders at a car show in dubai or something?
That makes sense. Id hide to if I spent a bunch of rich Arabs money and couldn't deliver a operational car.

Quick Reply: Any news on the SSC Tuatara?