Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Any news on the SSC Tuatara?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ecnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ONE2que
Haven't they made like 10-14?
AFAIK at least 15

Originally Posted by PJ111
No..Aero XT!!!
You are not kidding?

Last edited by Ecnelis; 08-02-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura about
Not kidding.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura about
Please see update on the Aero XT.

SSC North America- Home of the Tuatara & Ultimate Aero

Some of the hardware on the XT will be seen on the upcoming Tuatara,such as the 7-spd. smg paddle shift trans.

Last edited by PJ111; 08-03-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:07 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
This screams of many things to me, but essentially it appears they are out of cash needed to finish development of the Tuatara at this stage and didn't have a good transition plan laid out for it from the start. They had the design done and showed a full-scale mockup to people two years ago this month. At this point they should have several running prototypes and be nearing the point of starting production, not going back to build the old car again. Yet another supercar manufacturer from North America can't seem to get it right.

>8^)
ER

Old 08-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a last edition.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
EddieBarbie is on a distinguished roadEddieBarbie is on a distinguished road
A good ending of Ultimate Aero. And please hurry up the production of Tuatara(change the interior design!Thank you!)

Old 08-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Peloton25
This screams of many things to me, but essentially it appears they are out of cash needed to finish development of the Tuatara at this stage and didn't have a good transition plan laid out for it from the start. They had the design done and showed a full-scale mockup to people two years ago this month. At this point they should have several running prototypes and be nearing the point of starting production, not going back to build the old car again. Yet another supercar manufacturer from North America can't seem to get it right.

>8^)
ER
I think i could not agree more with you Erick. Its sad to see a Castriota design going down the drain....

Old 08-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
zbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to all
Originally Posted by exRockstar
I think i could not agree more with you Erick. Its sad to see a Castriota design going down the drain....
These are all assumptions he's made based on ZERO facts. Not saying I think he's wrong, but no one here has enough info to know exactly how things are working out. If they still have the tooling and parts to make another ultimate aero, and the specs to justify an upsell, then why the hell wouldn't they make another one? Regardless if they have or don't have the tuatara ready to go, revenue is revenue.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by zbaums
These are all assumptions he's made based on ZERO facts. Not saying I think he's wrong, but no one here has enough info to know exactly how things are working out. If they still have the tooling and parts to make another ultimate aero, and the specs to justify an upsell, then why the hell wouldn't they make another one? Regardless if they have or don't have the tuatara ready to go, revenue is revenue.
Yes, there are lots of assumptions on this topic all based on little or no facts. The last 5 Aero's are being produced partly due to SSC's desire to end its production with a bang, and showcase upcoming technologies in the Tuatara. From my source inside SSC there is no problem with funding at all. They choose not to toot their collective horns to the public every step of the way in its development. A driving prototype is not far off.

Everyone will see the fruits of their labor soon enough..Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Name:  ssctuatarablack.jpg
Views: 7830
Size:  222.6 KB

Old 08-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
My mom taught me if I have nothing nice to say....

*keeping mouth shut*

Quick Reply: Any news on the SSC Tuatara?