Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Anyone here planning to buy a Lexus LFA???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyJames
I even went to the Lexus forum and while a lot defend the car and believe the numbers, nobody posted that they were in line for one. They claim that all cars allocated to the Japanese market are spoken for with names on a waiting list. Hmmm. I guess I still have my doubts that when it comes down to writing the checks, the waiting list disappear.
I have no problem believing Lexus sold the 165 cars allocated to Japan. The Japanese are pretty chauvinistic when it comes to cars and after years without a real Japanese sportscar/supercar there are probably plenty of takers for an über Supra or the like.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
I have no problem believing Lexus sold the 165 cars allocated to Japan. The Japanese are pretty chauvinistic when it comes to cars and after years without a real Japanese sportscar/supercar there are probably plenty of takers for an über Supra or the like.
Yea, I'd guess the same thing too, but out of national pride.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyJames
Good point but I have no idea where to find the supposed buyers.
Hint. They're not on car forums, because they are not enthusiasts for the most part.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
If they are not enthusiasts, then why are they buying the car? They must at least be enthusiasts for the brand yet on the Lexus forum I was flamed for just asking the question, as if, "How dare you?"

Old 01-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
They are buying the car because it is the latest and greatest. It's expensive and exclusive and they want to show it off. Much like the SLR was.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
They are buying the car because it is the latest and greatest. It's expensive and exclusive and they want to show it off. Much like the SLR was.
But at least the SLR had some heritage to build off of.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I would just like to chat with one actual buyer. Just one!

Old 01-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
I have heard there are no available units left. I find this hard to believe.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Bullitt44
I have heard there are no available units left. I find this hard to believe.
Believe me, I do too.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to all
I personally think the car somewhat looks cheap in appearance. No way it looks like a 300k car.

Quick Reply: Anyone here planning to buy a Lexus LFA???