Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Chris Paul to the Lakers for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011 | 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
what is unfair is that Chris Paul is demanding a trade - he has a deal to fulfill. it's ridiculous that players/agents can now hold teams, and cities, hostage. i love that Stern smacked this down.

if you guys think Orlando will trade Howard to Lakers for Bynum, you're nuts. i do believe Orlando is willing to sink the ship unless they truly get fair value for Howard (and Bynum/Odom/whoever else is nowhere near fair - bad knees, bad sportsmanship, a lazy candy eater, & a guaranteed media circus)

in fact, i might argue the only way Dwight makes it to LA is if he calls Orlando's bluff and walks away as a free agent. that's a chance i'm willing to take.

- chuck (yes, i'm a Magic fan)

Last edited by carendt242; 12-09-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2011 | 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like the NBA realizes this set such a bad precedent, now they're allowing the 3 teams to renegotiate a deal in hopes of allowing the trade to finally go through (after all 3 teams have rightfully disgruntled players). Ridiculous. Make up your mind one way or another Stern.

Old 12-09-2011 | 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
The NBA is all about entertainment and popularity. I think Stern has the "big picture" health of the league in mind, but he'll feels the wind blowing.

Sometimes they hold ground. Remember when they made a dress code for non-uniformed players in the bench area? Now everybody dresses to the nines.

Old 12-09-2011 | 09:30 PM
|
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's downright ridiculous to block this trade.

Old 12-10-2011 | 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242
what is unfair is that Chris Paul is demanding a trade - he has a deal to fulfill. it's ridiculous that players/agents can now hold teams, and cities, hostage. i love that Stern smacked this down.

if you guys think Orlando will trade Howard to Lakers for Bynum, you're nuts. i do believe Orlando is willing to sink the ship unless they truly get fair value for Howard (and Bynum/Odom/whoever else is nowhere near fair - bad knees, bad sportsmanship, a lazy candy eater, & a guaranteed media circus)

in fact, i might argue the only way Dwight makes it to LA is if he calls Orlando's bluff and walks away as a free agent. that's a chance i'm willing to take.

come on now! we'll throw in Walton too!

Old 12-10-2011 | 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242

Well, its matters on how you look at it. Would you rather CP3 walk away after the season and leave the hornets with no assets? Lebron did this when he left for Miami. Do you know what kinda of assets Lebron could have brought back to Cleveland if he had told them that there was no way he was signing a contract?

If a superstar is going to walk away, you might as well get something back in return. Stern is delaying the inevitable. Do you actually believe that after 66 games this season, Cp3 is going to change his tune and stay with the Hornets? Or possibly sign with the Bucks?

If you ask anybody around the league, not named a petty, small market owner or Mark Cuban, they will tell you 100% that the Hornets were making out like bandits.

Either way, these are the rules that the owners and players have agree upon! If the owners wanted a franchise tag, a la the NFL, they should have stuck to their guns and kept the lockout going till something to their liking was agreed upon. They didn't, they folded and agreed on another set of rules, so THEY shouldn't be able to cry over spilled milk and have dictator stern now oversee every trade that comes to the Hornets doorstep.

It's a major conflict of interest and the league looks like ass over this whole fiasco. NOBODY agrees with what stern did...

Old 12-11-2011 | 12:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Lakers are done with CP3 trade, they are officially pulling out of any trades. Looks like LO and Khloe are on their way to Dallas for draft picks and money, which will be sent to Orlando for D12.

If the Lakers don't end up with D12, its gonna be pretty sad. Considering all the rumors and bs flying around.

Old 12-11-2011 | 12:48 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously. Ugh I'm still frustrated.

Old 12-11-2011 | 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
^Can Stern veto an Orlando/LA trade as well for the same reasoning (a small market losing their marquis player to a big market), or does that only apply to NBA-owned teams?

From what I've read, it looks like LA is better off without this CP3 trade...as they were giving up far too much. Regardless, I think this all smells rotten.

Old 12-11-2011 | 12:51 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
He still could but I strongly doubt it. The main reason is the owners have to approve any trade because the league owns the Hornets. IMO Chris Paul would have been great and bad at the same time. If we gave that up and didn't get Howard it would have stunk. Just my opinion.

BTW Dan Gilbert is a total asshole. Unlike him, the Hornets were actually trying to get something for a player that they knew was going to leave. Have fun in the NBA basement Dan! Your sports business skills are unrivaled!

Last edited by 65°V12; 12-11-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Chris Paul to the Lakers for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom