Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Chris Paul to the Lakers for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with the sentiment of picking D12 over Cp3. Which is why I was iffy about the original trade for Cp3. I didn't like giving up Pau and Odom.

I actually would have opted for giving up Bynum and Odom and taking back Cp3 and Okafor, Ariza. That way NO is getting a young center they could build around. We get a top 3 Pg and a serviceable center that plays D and we still have Pau.

The issue right now is, in order to get D12 we would have to give up Bynum and Pau, then take back D12 along with one/two of Orlando's bad contracts. Which would likely be Turk and/or Duhon. Which I'm not totally against, I think Duhon would be a great pick-up at PG.

Either way, I don't think any of the above scenarios is going to happen. D12 seems to be going back and forth on weather he actually wants to be traded. If anything happens, it would be at the trade deadline.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:35 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I love how ESPN is calling the Clippers 'contenders' now that they have Chris Paul. No way.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a Laker fan to the core. Can't stand any other team in the league... but you have to give credit to the Clippers for the making a "Lakers-like" trade.

Are they contenders? That remains to be seen, but understand who the Clippers have added and retained and you'll know that its a very exciting time to be a Clipper fan.

Adding Mr. Big Shot, Caron Butler and Cp3 is no joke.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:18 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thedude
I'm a Laker fan to the core. Can't stand any other team in the league... but you have to give credit to the Clippers for the making a "Lakers-like" trade.

Are they contenders? That remains to be seen, but understand who the Clippers have added and retained and you'll know that its a very exciting time to be a Clipper fan.

Adding Mr. Big Shot, Caron Butler and Cp3 is no joke.
I agree but I still don't see them being a contender.

Sent from my DROID2 using Teamspeed

Old 12-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Clippers are definitely a pretty damn stacked team now. Watch out for them...really.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
For any of you conspiracy theorists out there, here's a really great article on Yahoo Sports:

Chris Paul trade stained NBA's credibility - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Old 12-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Banned
vdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these parts
adrian wojo is by far the best NBA writer out there