Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Chris Paul to the Lakers for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011 | 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
Interesting to see if the NBA will give in to the other whiney owners complaining about this deal.
Yep, they did. Stern Paul-Blocked the Lakers...

Old 12-08-2011 | 10:21 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
So lame. NOW the league is taking a different approach...

Old 12-09-2011 | 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
I'm done with the NBA. After the stunt Stern just pulled, I don't know how he could show his smarmy pos face anywhere in the league.

This was done for one reason and one reason only, to prevent Dwight Howard from being moved to the Lakers. This is what was going to happen once Cp3 was officially a Laker.

The whole lockout had already turned me off, but after this I'll never watch another NBA game again. It's a travesty.

The funny thing is, the Hornets were making out like bandits on this deal. If anything, Houston and the Lakers were both giving up key pieces.

I'm definitely shocked by what has transpired. This is what you call collusion and effin dangerous.

Old 12-09-2011 | 12:46 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Celtics>everyone

Kidding, I was never huge into the NBA and after this lockout I don't care for it at all anymore.

Old 12-09-2011 | 12:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thedude
I'm done with the NBA. After the stunt Stern just pulled, I don't know how he could show his smarmy pos face anywhere in the league.

This was done for one reason and one reason only, to prevent Dwight Howard from being moved to the Lakers. This is what was going to happen once Cp3 was officially a Laker.

The whole lockout had already turned me off, but after this I'll never watch another NBA game again. It's a travesty.

The funny thing is, the Hornets were making out like bandits on this deal. If anything, Houston and the Lakers were both giving up key pieces.

I'm definitely shocked by what has transpired. This is what you call collusion and effin dangerous.
I agree with almost everything in your post, except the idea that this prevents Howard from going to the Lakers. Now that the CP3 deal is off, doesn't that give the Lakers more ammo to work a deal for Howard? For instance, rather than Bynum-for-Howard the Lakers can offer Orlando Bynum and Odom, or Gasol and Odom, etc. Maybe I'm wrong, just seems like they'll have more chess pieces to play with now that the CP3 deal has been blocked.

Old 12-09-2011 | 12:56 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If the Lakers got Howard and Paul, it'd be like LeBron what? Dictator Stern cannot be having this...

Hitler Mad About NBA Season - YouTube

Old 12-09-2011 | 12:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond repute
i think yahoo sports mentioned a potential trade of bynum and odom for howard and turkoglu... this was earlier in the week though..

What do you guys think? what other possible trade scenarios do you guys see happening?

Last edited by yohanthestud; 12-09-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 12-09-2011 | 01:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
I agree with almost everything in your post, except the idea that this prevents Howard from going to the Lakers. Now that the CP3 deal is off, doesn't that give the Lakers more ammo to work a deal for Howard? For instance, rather than Bynum-for-Howard the Lakers can offer Orlando Bynum and Odom, or Gasol and Odom, etc. Maybe I'm wrong, just seems like they'll have more chess pieces to play with now that the CP3 deal has been blocked.
I believe that CP3 was the key piece in acquiring D12. Once he was secured, Mitch had to have some kind of deal lined up in order to get D12 to the Lakers. I know for a fact, Mitch wouldn't decimate our front line for a PG, albeit a top 3 pg, if he didn't have another deal lined up.

Whatever the case may be, this sh#t is fcuked up and unacceptable. The NBA is now a dictatorship...

Old 12-09-2011 | 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by yohanthestud
i think yahoo sports mentioned a potential trade of bynum and odom for howard and turkoglu... this was earlier in the week though..

What do you guys think? what other possible trade scenarios do you guys see happening?
Its now being reported that D12 will ask to be paired with Deron Williams in NJ...

Old 12-09-2011 | 01:11 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
David Stern is a total jackass. I'm very thankful that the Hornets are run by the league and that allows the owners to veto the trade. So frustrating. What an absolute joke.

Quick Reply: Chris Paul to the Lakers for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom