Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

:::College Football 2011 - Banter Thread:::

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
doubt if the computers can decipher that kind of data. my question is whether usc not being eligible for the BCS hurts stanford, oregon or any other team that they have played. if so, that is bullcrap.

and again, bama may be the 2nd best team in the nation, but rematches are BS. if bama were to beat LSU in the NCG, all the LSU fans would be crying. where would christian and all the other SEC nut swingers stand on this situation?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
^^I'd be fvcking ecstatic if Alabama beat LSU for the title haha

Old 11-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
doubt if the computers can decipher that kind of data. my question is whether usc not being eligible for the BCS hurts stanford, oregon or any other team that they have played. if so, that is bullcrap.

and again, bama may be the 2nd best team in the nation, but rematches are BS. if bama were to beat LSU in the NCG, all the LSU fans would be crying. where would christian and all the other SEC nut swingers stand on this situation?
I highly doubt they take something like that into account, but I fully agree that it's BS if they do.

The thing is though that if a rematch does happen, Alabama MUST beat LSU. There would be a catastrophic disaster on so many levels when it comes to the viability of the BSC system if LSU were to win again. All of this would be with the Crimson Tide and its fans (me) awkwardly stuck in the middle.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
A rematch is lose/lose for the BCS. Sorry. Everyone should be glad that SC beat Oregon to prevent that rematch. College football is not pro football and the regular season should mean something until they have a true playoff.

Last edited by Mr Kram; 11-21-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
You don't have to be sorry. I'll agree to disagree on some points, but thanks for at least not being a dick about it.

I guess the problem then is rooted in the BSC/bowl system, which is a whole different deal.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

nut swingers, give me a break. all i ever say/claim is that the SEC is the toughest and the best conference in college football, has been for 10 years, if thats nut swinging than so be it.

for the record, i cant stand lsu or bama, i am a gator and everyone on here knows that.

also, every year we go thru this, usc, OK, oregon, etc blah blah, however, when the top teams of other conferences play the top teams of the SEC, well, you know the rest, 7 for 7 in BCS Championship games.

Last edited by Christian; 11-21-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
your love for the SEC goes beyond that, but whatever. that's your opinion. i'm just here to hopefully offer objective insight from a different part of the country.

is the sec a tough conference? yup, no question. they are the best conference this year. have they been the best for the last 10 years? very debatable.

for the record USC is 6 out of 7 in BCS bowls and they beat auburn and arky twice in recent years.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
so what's up trent richardson? he's rolling in 2 brand new cars in the last 10 months? legit or trouble looming?

Old 11-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
so what's up trent richardson? he's rolling in 2 brand new cars in the last 10 months? legit or trouble looming?
does any of this really matter anymore? There is not 1 clean program in college

Old 11-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by C Money
does any of this really matter anymore? There is not 1 clean program in college
first off, i was posing a question. as a college football fan, i am interested. just wondering if any bama fans have actual insight rather than the hearsay on the internet.

secondly, if this a case of extra benefits, bama will most likely vacate all their wins from this year and possibly the outcome of the ncg if they make it.

it's funny that people will acknowledge that this kind of stuff goes on everywhere, but only USC gets hammered with an overabundance of punishments.

Quick Reply: :::College Football 2011 - Banter Thread:::