Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Ashley Young joins Man Utd from Aston Villa

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Top 20 Most Overrated Premier League Players | CaughtOffside

I'm not counting, but Chelsea and City seem to be quite well represented.

And Walcott shouldn't be on that list... he's still growing. He's only "overrated" in the sense that people have placed sky-high expectations on him at such a young age, which he's basically meeting except a bit of refinement to match his talent.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
And Walcott shouldn't be on that list... he's still growing.
and the first thing they say about Terry is "Still a great leader but not quite the player he was. Injuries have caught up with him and he not as athletic as he once was".

You could say that about anyone, for example:

"Cantona, used to be a great goal scorer, but he's past his prime now"......"Bobby Charlton was magnificent in his day, but he's past it these days".

Old 07-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
and the first thing they say about Terry is "Still a great leader but not quite the player he was. Injuries have caught up with him and he not as athletic as he once was".

You could say that about anyone, for example:

"Cantona, used to be a great goal scorer, but he's past his prime now"......"Bobby Charlton was magnificent in his day, but he's past it these days".
Yeah, those guys are on the way down or out, so if people think they're as good as they ever were, they're overrated. In other words, they never again have the possibility to live up to their "rating". You can stamp them with that because you know it's never going to get better.

Walcott, on the other hand, can still match up to his "rating". If he's rated super highly, he can still hit that in his career. So until he's hit his peak and started the descent, you can't really call him overrated - put another way "the sky's still the limit". If someone offered $50,000,000 for him now, you might say "that's overrating him" or if you said "Walcott is currently the greatest player in the Prem" then maybe But nobody's doing or saying either of those things.

Basically what I'm saying is that calling someone overrated either means that they're nowhere near as good as people give them credit for (not the case) or it implies that they'll never live up to the hype (impossible to predict).

I know it's a stretch, but you know I've got to defend my boy!

Old 07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
Hahahaha LOL
That list is really stupid: I mean, Gareth Bale and Dirk Kuyt are really good players and hard workers. I do agree with Mikel and Adebayor and some others.

OT: Ashley Young ain't really a striker. He only scored 38 goals in more than 150 matches. Nevertheless he's a good player, Ferguson will know how to use him. I think he will be playing like Giggs, as an attacking midfielder.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Yeah, especially Gareth Bale is not overrated. Adebayor is WAY overrated. Even as an Arsenal fan, I was surprised by the hype he got when he was about to transfer.

The bottom line is, 1/2 those guys on the list will be on my Fantasy team in the fall! Including A. Young if it looks like he'll be playing significant minutes.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
, plus he can't take a big penalty for shit. I applaud
mofo

not cool mate, that still hurts
i wish drogba kicked vidic's ass and got sent off instead of that girly slap ..
let's not discuss the 08 final

Originally Posted by Pure Evo
Yeah, especially Gareth Bale is not overrated. Adebayor is WAY overrated. Even as an Arsenal fan, I was surprised by the hype he got when he was about to transfer.

The bottom line is, 1/2 those guys on the list will be on my Fantasy team in the fall! Including A. Young if it looks like he'll be playing significant minutes.
that list can be real BS sometimes
berbatov overrated, seriously? maybe not worth the transfer as a business transaction but certainly he is a world class player.
and ivanovic? IVANOVIC? wow..

as for adebayor, i do agree he is overrated
and i was never sold on walcott, but i blame wenger for that

Old 07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
^ Deal.

Walcott is over rated for the same reason Aaron Lennon is; neither has world class football intellect. They are only speedy guys with basic/entry level skill who don't know how to finish. Bale and Berba don't belong on that list imo.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Ehh, I think the list is just overatted in general.

Terry may be past his prime, but a few years ago he would have been a no brainer to start on any world class team.

The list should be compromised of people who had a lot of hype and huge transfers, but never leved up to their potential, not people who were good in their prime and now are old.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
There's only one Wayne Rooney...

I saw my mate the other day,
He said to me he saw the white Pele,
So I asked, who is he?
He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney,
Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney,
He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney...

Not much else I need to say.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
i will never forgive rooney for being red-carded in the `06 world cup, and being anonymous in the 2010 world cup
i am the biggest non-british-national England fan

apart from that, he is lethal
there is no larger testimony to how incredible SAF is at managing egos than when rooney wished to depart manutd, only for him to stay and do what he did last season

i refuse to imagine the headers and volleys (vs mancity, ahem) he would be scoring if sneijder played behind/alongside him at the tip of the box and fed him those crosses

hernandez, rooney up front
sneijder behind them, valencia on the side
delete nani's rubbish efforts at trying to imitate cristiano, and you've got yourself a CL final

i am still not sure about their defense (esp the bench), and i don't think van der sar can be easily replaced. easily saved them 15pts last season single-handedly (pun intended)

Quick Reply: Ashley Young joins Man Utd from Aston Villa