Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Ashley Young joins Man Utd from Aston Villa

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
My brother's a huge Villa fan... he's pretty bummed. Like I'm going to be when those bitches steal Nasri too...

Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
excellent signing
i read that as SAF wishing to build a new backbone for the team before he leaves the club. front/midfield is excellent now! not sure about young talent in defense, but safe it is to say that manutd will never be short of world class DF and GKs who would give anything to play for them

that said, i don't think Nasri "fits" the SAF/manutd style
after giggsy back in the day, i don't think anything similar to that style will ever "fit" manutd's ruthlessness in passing instead of weaving through the park

Old 07-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
excellent signing
i read that as SAF wishing to build a new backbone for the team before he leaves the club. front/midfield is excellent now! not sure about young talent in defense, but safe it is to say that manutd will never be short of world class DF and GKs who would give anything to play for them

that said, i don't think Nasri "fits" the SAF/manutd style
after giggsy back in the day, i don't think anything similar to that style will ever "fit" manutd's ruthlessness in passing instead of weaving through the park
Smalling looks like quality, and you can never doubt SAF's eye for talent after picking Vidic...

Old 07-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Smalling looks like quality, and you can never doubt SAF's eye for talent after picking Vidic...
true about SAF but i meant 2-3yrs down the road

with the twins back, and o'shea/brown peaking, the likes of johnny evans doesn't strike me as world class. rio has been injured a lot and will surely be on/off as the years progress. and vidic? isn't he a forward? with all the headers he's scoring, he sure could pass for one lol

cannot wait for the EPL!!! it's going to be tighter next year than last season. twice as stressful but 4 times the fun!

Old 07-12-2011, 05:43 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
^ O'shea and Brown peaking? They and Johnny Evans were way out of their league on that squad. Yes, the two "peaking" defenders have been sent to Man U's C squad, the Black Cats of Sunderland to the relief of this United fan (I am thankful of the quality minutes they spent representing the Red Devils). The combo of Vidic and Rio could be the best in the league. Sure Rio has lost a step but he is arguably a better defender than Terry. He is not as valuable as JT since a very capable Smalling seems fit to be a world class defender in a couple years. Let's not forget the signing of Phil Jones.

I posted this link in TNT, figured I would drop it here too. Big news if it goes through!

Man United to Complete £81m Deal to Sign Wesley Sneijder This Week | CaughtOffside

Last edited by Alex; 07-12-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alex
^ O'shea and Brown peaking? They and Johnny Evans were way out of their league on that squad. Yes, the two "peaking" defenders have been sent to Man U's C squad, the Black Cats of Sunderland to the relief of this United fan (I am thankful of the quality minutes they spent representing the Red Devils). The combo of Vidic and Rio could be the best in the league. Sure Rio has lost a step but he is arguably a better defender than Terry. He is not as valuable as JT since a very capable Smalling seems fit to be a world class defender in a couple years. Let's not forget the signing of Phil Jones.
yeah when i wrote peaking i meant they could not do any better, and i wrote that a couple of days before they moved to sunderland so i guess i was right my point was the defense needs a nudge because brown/oshea aren't manutd-brilliant-level

and rio as an "arguably" better defender than terry? he is DEFINITELY BETTER. terry has cost chelsea a LOTTTT o goals (and pts) because of his rash decisions and not being alert.
i have seen rio, otoh, clear excellent crosses out of the box. too bad he's (both are) not as great for england

and if united complete signing sneijder, they WILL make it to the champions league final again imo (given they secure a good goalie)

Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I am praying we get Sneijder - he would be an AWESOME replacement for the role Paul Scholes filled for years. He is also a dead-ball expert and could provide that set-piece magic that went missing when Ronaldo left. Even more interesting? He was my first purchase on my FIFA '11 squad in career mode.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Sure Rio has lost a step but he is arguably a better defender than Terry

Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Whassofunnymeng? :biggrin:

As Boursachi and many think, JT doesn't have it anymore. He is merely reasonably effective but he is a liability with his lack of pace, plus he can't take a big penalty for shit. I applaud him for continuing to play hard despite being a fraction of the player he once was. I see him and Ferdy vacating their startinc positions, one will be going out on top. Caughtoffside even has him as one of the 20 most over rated players in the prem (on my phone so can't post the link).

Good times though.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Ehhh, I'd still take Terry.

Quick Reply: Ashley Young joins Man Utd from Aston Villa