Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Of course buddy! I wonder if they will be playing on the bigger rink that we have over here or if they make the rink smaller for just that game.
The exhibition games this season were played on the full size european rinks. I think they just go with what they've got.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Ok thanks. A bit sad, since I've never seen a live hockey match on a small rink. I think it generates more action, even though a bigger rink favours and encourages better and faster skating.

How is the atmosphere at a NHL game? My brother went to a Red Wings game like 10 years ago and said that most spectators weren't really paying attention to the game untill there was a fight. Then all of a sudden everyone threw their magazines away and went completely insane

Old 04-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Ok thanks. A bit sad, since I've never seen a live hockey match on a small rink. I think it generates more action, even though a bigger rink favours and encourages better and faster skating.

How is the atmosphere at a NHL game? My brother went to a Red Wings game like 10 years ago and said that most spectators weren't really paying attention to the game untill there was a fight. Then all of a sudden everyone threw their magazines away and went completely insane
I've played on both NHL sized and Olympic and International sized rinks and I prefer NHL. I like how 5 on 5 space needs to be won, instead of having some extra room to move.

Wings games are great! The atmosphere is usually good assuming the game is decent. It's not like that (waiting for fights) anymore these days. At least in the north. I recently went to an AHL game in Houston and the only reason anyone was there was to see a fight. The Joe during a playoff game is unreal. Best game I've been to was round 3 Game 5 Avs vs Wings back when there was a rivalry. We were at the very top row behind the away goal. Still fantastic. If you ever get a chance to go to any Wings game, take it.

Last edited by slord; 04-11-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
If you ever get a chance to go to any Wings game, take it.
I'll definitely take your advice on this. The two times I was in the area were unfortunately not during the NHL season so we went to see Baseball in Detroit instead. I must say I prefer hockey by far.
Since the NHL is always at night over here I basically never get to see any of the games which is a bit sad. Instead I try to watch most of our national team games. Obviously the olympics are the only tournaments where all national teams have their best players. Last olympics had some incredible matches, even though Sweden choked pretty early. Maybe next time we can repeat our achievement from 2006 and win both the olympics and the world cup Our future generation of hockey players looks very very promising, but so are yours and Canadas. Already looking forward!

Old 04-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I'll definitely take your advice on this. The two times I was in the area were unfortunately not during the NHL season so we went to see Baseball in Detroit instead. I must say I prefer hockey by far.
Since the NHL is always at night over here I basically never get to see any of the games which is a bit sad. Instead I try to watch most of our national team games. Obviously the olympics are the only tournaments where all national teams have their best players. Last olympics had some incredible matches, even though Sweden choked pretty early. Maybe next time we can repeat our achievement from 2006 and win both the olympics and the world cup Our future generation of hockey players looks very very promising, but so are yours and Canadas. Already looking forward!
Baseball is ok I guess. I enjoy watching and being at a hockey game. I enjoy being at a baseball game with friends or family. I find watching it too boring. I loved watching the world juniors this year on VS. So much young talent in those games. What a year for Sweden that was! I still need to make it to a NTDP game one day.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
IBest game I've been to was round 3 Game 5 Avs vs Wings back when there was a rivalry. We were at the very top row behind the away goal. .
the greatest goalie of all time should not be refered to as "the away goalie"

Old 04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute

Montreal Canadiens games are a party from start to finish...NEVER a dull moment...it gets WILD.

Drinks are VERY expensive but the good thing is they dont pat you down...smuggling in a 6 pack works like a charm

Old 04-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
One of the best of these commercials
YouTube - History Will Be Made - Bobby Orr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmXAT...el_video_title
Only because Bourque is my favorite player of all time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-JOZ...el_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEO5K...el_video_title

Spent the past 30 minutes watching all of those commercials

edit: I'm surprised there isn't one based of the questionable Hull goal on Hasek

Last edited by slord; 04-11-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Auctung
the greatest goalie of all time should not be refered to as "the away goalie"
Debatable

Originally Posted by McRae
Montreal Canadiens games are a party from start to finish...NEVER a dull moment...it gets WILD.

Drinks are VERY expensive but the good thing is they dont pat you down...smuggling in a 6 pack works like a charm
I hope to get to see some games in canada some time.

A whole 6 pack? How?

Old 04-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Debatable

I hope to get to see some games in canada some time.

A whole 6 pack? How?
us Canucks wear large winter coats...6 beer cans fit easily inside...ive also done Forties...you just put em in between you stomac and belt...tighten it up so it doesnt slip...wham bam boom.

Funny note...one time a security guard noticed something was off and asked me to lift my coat...and there was a 40 of Budweiser...they all laughed and took it away...they said guys come on you cant do that. lol Needless to say at intermission we went back to the corner store and got more...

A beer at the Bell center is 10$ a forty is 4.50$...you see the logic lol

Last edited by McRae; 04-11-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread