Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Just contemplation. The only thing I love more than hockey is hockey rumors
Heres a great site for trade rumors. Click on trade rumors and free agent talk. I'm told the high lighted rumors in green are pretty much done deals.The site is just for hockey freaks to have their say.
I like it!

HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

Old 01-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
This

Old 01-08-2012, 02:23 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VKING
Heres a great site for trade rumors. Click on trade rumors and free agent talk. I'm told the high lighted rumors in green are pretty much done deals.The site is just for hockey freaks to have their say.
I like it!

HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League
I love that site. I also like TFP and THN.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Our biggest tradable asset, IMO, Is Jonathan Bernier. He's not going anywhere though. We need to resign Quick first. Bernier is our our emergency plan. He'd be worth a ton on the market though. Here are our tradable players IMO. Dustin Penner, Justin Williams, Dustin Brown, Brad Richardson, and Trevor Lewis. I doubt DL would trade the lower salary players but they could also be part of a package.

Dustin Penner, Brad Richardson, Trevor Lewis, and Picks for Tuomu Ruutu and Jussi Jokinen.

My justification - We need wingers. They are both fantastic players with relatively acceptable salaries. Dustin Penner would benefit from a scenery change and his size alone is a great selling point. He is also in his final contract year. Brad Richardson has great speed and talent. He is, on many nights, a healthy scratch. He would add instant speed, talent, and grit to the Hurricanes. He is also very young and a relatively inexpensive contract. Same scenario with Trevor Lewis. The Canes would also receive picks.

Justin Williams and Dustin Brown for Bobby Ryan

My justification - These two, IMO, equal Bobby Ryan. Bob Murray has stated only Selanne and Koivu are safe. The Ducks are a gritty team and Dustin Brown would fit in greatly. Justin Williams would play well with the top end. Bobby Ryan playing with either Kopitar or Richards would instantly add offense. Kopitar has never had a proper winger with a talent to match his. The additions of these three would erase that.

I don't think the Canes or Ducks have any sacred players except Selanne, Koivu, and Staal. Just my opinion and I think these trades would help all three teams.
I don't think Bobby Ryan would ever be traded unless extreme measures had to be taken. Guy brings so much to the team, not to mention he's on the highlight reel almost every other night. At least I would never trade him, even for those two.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Also, 4 of the top 6 in the west are from the central division. Insane, this division is never that competitive.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:07 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
I don't think Bobby Ryan would ever be traded unless extreme measures had to be taken. Guy brings so much to the team, not to mention he's on the highlight reel almost every other night. At least I would never trade him, even for those two.
Bob Murray has stated anyone is available except the aforementioned Finns. The Ducks are a joke this year. I never thought they were as good as everyone says they are but at the same time I never thought they were this bad. The goaltending is lacking, the defense is streaky, and aside from that ridiculously talented top line and solid second line, they aren't deep offensively. Everyone expected BB to come in and turn the team around. The team has gotten worse. I would personally never trade Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf, or Corey Perry. But the fact is, I wouldn't be shocked if any of them were gone come February. What the Ducks need is a solid goaltender and a couple 2nd, 3rd, and possibly 4th liners. That would turn things around. Jonas Hiller isn't the goalie he used to be. The teams spotty defense and his health issues can be attributed to that. BM needs to build from the back end out. Trading that top line is stupidity.

Go Kings Go!

Last edited by 65°V12; 01-08-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Detroit Chicago game is pretty fast paced right now.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
The Detroit Chicago game is pretty fast paced right now.
So far this game has been very good!

Old 01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chicago is playing better overall, but this end to end action is awesome to watch!

Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread