Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 04:30 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
^ love it!

Old 01-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Comerica is great from a fans standpoint. The Big House is a no-brainer from a business standpoint. Either way it would be awesome. Wings vs. Leafs would be an awesome event.

I personally would like Canucks vs. Kings at BC Place As of the last five years, the rivalry has been BRUTAL. We absolutely HATE each other. The players have even admitted it. We already have jerseys made...

Pipe dreaming at its finest

For ticket sales alone yes. With the big house you'll lose out a portion of the profits to UofM. Although the campus would be a good spot for the rest of the event that comes with the WInter Classic, it wouldn't be quite a city event as it would be downtown detroit. The city of detroit will also want to be in on this, and having ti 45 minutes away in Ann Arbor will all but cut them out. Not to mention, the NHL is big on keeping it all in the family so having it at Illitch's owned park would be much better than opening it up to the university. Also, I hate UofM

Another factor weighing into this that will make the winter classic in detroit so much better than anywhere else is the ability to factor in the GLi. Having that tournament played outdoors the week before could bring in more tourism from hockey fans that would make an entire week or so out of this, rather than a weekend.

Also, there is rumor that it will be a west coast team against the wings, which I would love. We've built up a healthy rivalry with both the ducks and the sharks in the past few years of playoffs. The problem with toronto and certain teams, the WC won't be enjoyable if both teams aren't competitive. Clearly the wings are competitive year in and year out, but it'll be hard to predict if teams can hold their own a season ahead of time.

Best part will be 24/7 series on the Wings

Old 01-06-2012, 06:01 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree. I'm shocked you don't like the Wolverines

Old 01-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
I agree. I'm shocked you don't like the Wolverines
Only thing I can get behind is the hockey program. It's just so damn good and they have major ties with the NTDP. Otherwise 90% of the student body is stuck up and honestly believe that just by attending the school they will achieve greatness. Which makes me grin when I see alumni plates on shit cars parked in the McDonalds employee spots Gotta love the art and design school there

Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Watched the last episode of 24/7. Gotta love it! Can't wait until the next season.

The finger prick for simmonds was hard to watch. I don't even know what the tool that made the hole was but damn.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
Watched the last episode of 24/7. Gotta love it! Can't wait until the next season.

The finger prick for simmonds was hard to watch. I don't even know what the tool that made the hole was but damn.
Great show watched it all last night.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
This won't end well
Originally Posted by slord
Only thing I can get behind is the hockey program. It's just so damn good and they have major ties with the NTDP. Otherwise 90% of the student body is stuck up and honestly believe that just by attending the school they will achieve greatness. Which makes me grin when I see alumni plates on shit cars parked in the McDonalds employee spots Gotta love the art and design school there
Oh man, come to LA. Every teenager here says, "I go to this school. I'm going to be loaded." Facepalm every time. People just don't get it. I've been following Michigan Hockey for the majority of my life. Red Berenson is one of my favorite coaches and the history is mind-boggling. I agree, I always get a good laugh out the alumni plates

Old 01-06-2012, 08:25 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Good game Rangers V Pens right now.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Bruins/Canucks this afternoon. Can't wait!

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread