Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Any predictions for next year boys? I say my Kings will have over 100 points and lose in the second round.
Wings. Nuff' said.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
Leafs may sneak into a playoff position and become the darkhorse of the playoffs and bring lord stanley home again! Or maybe not

Old 07-12-2011, 08:28 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ I expect them to make the playoffs.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
I hope so! Been to long.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:55 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Good article here...Habs need to pick up Stamkos

WHO SHOULD GO AFTER STAMKOS OR DOUGHTY?

Netcrashing: Who should go after Stamkos or Doughty?

"It's two weeks into the free agent season and two notable unsigned names stand out.

It's not so much news that Steven Stamkos and Drew Doughty - two of the leagues brightest young stars and consensus cornerstone franchise building blocks - don't have a contract.

It's that the two restricted free agents haven't been offered a contract by any other team interested in their services.

According to capgeek.com, there are six teams currently operating under the salary cap floor of $48 million and nowhere near the salary cap maximum of $64 million.

The team with the furthest gap to reach the floor is the New York Islanders, a team that's more than $10 million below the floor. They are followed by the Nashville Predators ($7.091M), Colorado Avalanche ($3.095M), Phoenix Coyotes ($2.781M), Winnipeg Jets ($2.458M) and Carolina Hurricanes ($752K).

Now we all know the rules of restricted free agency - a team can sign a player to an offer sheet, leaving the player's original team the opportunity to match the deal. If the offer is matched, the player remains with his original club with the terms from the offer sheet becoming his contract.

Should the team refuse to match that deal, the player moves on to his new team, and draft picks are sent over as compensation depending on how much the new contract is worth. It's considered the price to pay for doing business.

That's not exactly a steep price for a team like the Islanders, whose list of prominent franchise-altering gems practically begins and ends with John Tavares.

While the Predators find themselves in this position to lock up Shea Weber to a long-term deal, the Avalanche could use another stud to go with their growing stable of young talent. However, Colorado traded their 2012 first round draft pick to the Washington Capitals to acquire Semyon Varlamov, making them ineligible to tender an offer sheet. But they could work out a trade like the Toronto Maple Leafs did to acquire Phil Kessel from the Boston Bruins.

The ownership situation would make spending any type of big money out of the question in Phoenix, but Winnipeg could make a gigantic splash - or at least show the willingness to go for it right now, by stepping up to the plate.

In the end, the worst that could happen is that you lose out on an elite player. But the reward could be the addition of a player who could become a cornerstone of the franchise for years to come.

Stamkos, 21, is coming off a 45-goal, 91-point campaign, after pouring in 51 goals the year before.

Doughty, meanwhile, was an All-Star in just his second season in the league. Even after what many considered an off-year last season, it's hard to deny that he is already one of the premier defencemen in the league at the tender age of 21.

It's widely believed that the Kings and Lightning will match any offers to their respective young stars, but which of these teams that need to add salary would benefit most from adding one of these two young stars?

You've heard what we've had to say, now tell us what you think: Which team below the salary cap floor should make a push to sign Stamkos or Doughty?"

Old 07-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
I don't believe anyone will go after Stamkos. Placing an offer will no doubt be matched by TB. With the run they made deep into the playoffs last season, Tamps won't let their franchise player skip town.

Answering to the article: none. If one must though, I'd like to see the Avs with some more skill up front.

Last edited by slord; 07-13-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:10 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
I don't believe anyone will go after Stamkos. Placing an offer will no doubt be matched by TB. With the run they made deep into the playoffs last season, Tamps won't let their franchise player skip town.
fair nuff...but hell...why they waiting so long to lock up what is possibly the BEST forward in the league...

Old 07-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Idk I'll call up Stevy Y and see why he's dicking around...I know I have their number somewhere

Old 07-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by slord
Idk I'll call up Stevy Y and see why he's dicking around...I know I have their number somewhere
do it

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread