Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

How are you regular gym-goers holding up so far this new year?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Treadmills are tough Chris spend the real money or they fall apart after 1000 miles or so.
The elliptical is a Smooth Fitness Dynamic Motion Trainer. We're looking at this treadmill:

It's built like a tank.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
First things first: I thought I was the only male who uses the elliptical. phew. I can't stand treadmills, and need some cardio while there's snow on the ground.

That being said, I'm kind of spoiled with having a gym in my building. Nothing great, pair of Treadmills, pair of recumbent bikes, pair of eliptical's and a bunch of free-weights and a bench. I was in the gym 3 or 4 times a week from August to mid December and then paused for drinking season (aka Christmas parties). Was back in the 27th, 28th, 30th and 31st, but since then have either been on holiday at the cottage, sick, or just too tired from work. I told myself I have until the 20th off and then it's time to get back in there.

That being said, I've been playing hockey a lot lately for an hour or so, so I don't feel horrible.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
The elliptical is a Smooth Fitness Dynamic Motion Trainer. We're looking at this treadmill:

It's built like a tank.
I don't know what is out there now as we would never use one. I wish we had one for the puppies. George Jetson comes to mind. Built like a tank I'd be happy with.

Originally Posted by Craigger
First things first: I thought I was the only male who uses the elliptical. phew. I can't stand treadmills, and need some cardio while there's snow on the ground.

That being said, I'm kind of spoiled with having a gym in my building. Nothing great, pair of Treadmills, pair of recumbent bikes, pair of eliptical's and a bunch of free-weights and a bench. I was in the gym 3 or 4 times a week from August to mid December and then paused for drinking season (aka Christmas parties). Was back in the 27th, 28th, 30th and 31st, but since then have either been on holiday at the cottage, sick, or just too tired from work. I told myself I have until the 20th off and then it's time to get back in there.

That being said, I've been playing hockey a lot lately for an hour or so, so I don't feel horrible.
If you don't use elyptical's in the gym how are you going to be near the women