Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, that fight was something special.

I'd like to read Forrest's latest book sometime.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
Yeah, that fight was something special.

I'd like to read Forrest's latest book sometime.
I own both...id lend you it if not for such a great distance...great reads...the ONLY books ive read in last 2 years lol

Last edited by McRae; 10-26-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Cool, last time I was at the book store I noticed they had it, so maybe I'll pick up a copy.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:59 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
Cool, last time I was at the book store I noticed they had it, so maybe I'll pick up a copy.
DO IT...no regrets!

btw...did you hear...Carwin pulled out of UFC 125 fight with Roy Nelson due to serious back injury...

Spot opened for Mir or Schaub maybe

Old 10-26-2010, 08:05 PM
The full list of UFC 121 payouts included:

Cain Velasquez: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)
def. Brock Lesnar: $400,000

Jake Shields: $150,000 ($75,000 win bonus)
def. Martin Kampmann: $27,000

Diego Sanchez: $100,000 ($50,000 win bonus)
def. Paulo Thiago: $18,000

Matt Hamill: $58,000 ($29,000 win bonus)
def. Tito Ortiz: $250,000

Brendan Schaub: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
def. Gabriel Gonzaga: $67,000

Court McGee: $30,000 ($15,000 win bonus)
def. Ryan Jensen: $10,000

Tom Lawlor: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
def. Patrick Cote: $21,000

Daniel Roberts: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)
def. Mike Guymon: $8,000

Sam Stout: $32,000 ($16,000 win bonus)
def. Paul Taylor: $16,000

Chris Camozzi: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)
def. Dongi Yang: $8,000

Jon Madsen: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)
def. Gilbert Yvel: $30,000

Old 10-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Thats insane that's all they get paid. You imagine what the UFC took in and the winner of the main event got $200k, that's bullshit.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Thats insane that's all they get paid. You imagine what the UFC took in and the winner of the main event got $200k, that's bullshit.
you are forgettin a few factors...Dressing room bonuses...sponsors and the big one...PPV percentages (although not every fighter gets a share of them)...this is just the BASE salary they get for pure fighting.

and 200K very respectable...they fight 2-3 times a year...thats 600K...thats not NFL or MLB money...but hell thats still decent no? the sport is still very young...one day soon we will see 1 mil+ fight payouts

Old 10-26-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
It is more than his chin being suspect.

You are spot on saying that it is, but more than that, he hates getting popped. He doesn't have the heart for it. I watched for it in this fight. I watched every time CV was about to let one rip, Lesnar either tensed up, ducked, closed his eyes; or all of the aforementioned.

That equals no heart for getting popped.

I liked neither of these guys, but had to choose one to win; and I had hoped Lesnar would have since CV is obviously a racist.
Agreed on all points.

The Kimbo and Brock situations should prove to people that to be successful in this MMA game takes a combination of chin, striking, heart and skill (imagine that). I give Brock (and Kimbo) no respect in the MMA game.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:12 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Wanna hear something sad?

Last time one of my guys fought in the UFC, he was paid $3k to fight, $3k to win...

My former training partner who is still fighting in the UFC (Marquardt) is doing substantially better.

Like McRae said, unless you have sponsors and the other spiffs, it is not a sport that will make a fighter super wealthy. And the way White runs it, the fighters will never be the ones truly coming out on the winning end.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
icruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have a problem with the payouts the UFC is making to fighters. If you end up in the UFC, you will have an endorsement deal (even if it's just for that night). Plus, you will have name recognition that will carry over into your school (which a number of fighters have) or allow you to earn income through seminars or private lessons, fight overseas etc.

Ultimately, it's about supply and demand. There are a ton of fighters out there and this is the price the market dictates. Actually, it's probably more than the market dictates. There isn't anyone else out there that pays more (other than maybe for a key marquee guy).

Also, there are few fighters that have the name recognition or fan base or special skill to make them irreplaceable. For most casual fans, the only reason they know a fighters name is because they fight in the UFC. In other words, the UFC makes the fighters instead of the other way around.

The sport is still young. Salaries will increase, but you have to remember where the sport came from. As I'm sure Choke recalls, not so long ago (and still in many places), fight purses were a few hundred dollars, if that. There were even competitions where the undercard fighters paid to fight.

Fighters need to promote themselves. Build a following and reputation in order to get paid.

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!