Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
They better start slipping him juice and GH now if he wants to be 290! Because he's going to need to learn to fight all over again as his body mass increases. Go figure how I know...
I hadnt even considered that outcome...well put sir!!!

Alves fight was stellar...great way to start the main card off...really set the tone well i was worried it be a snoozefest until the GSP fight.

Im about to re watch the GSP fight now and analise in depth cuz at the bar last night...the beverages were flowing quite abit...

Last edited by McRae; 12-12-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:08 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
I also think Struve has a lot of potential. He could be a stand up monster with his long range.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Struve said he had it under control, no big deal with McCorkle's kimura attempt. BS. If he wasn't so close to the fence, he had a less than 50-50 shot at escaping that one. Still, the guy's incredible. I've never seen someone so tall who was so skilled in the ring or cage. Holy sh*t. I'd REALLY like to see him fight well...pretty much EVERY heavyweight force in the division. Rankings or not, I'd like to see how he deals with Junior, Brock, Cain, Big Country, Mir, basically anyone in the top 10. This is the first time I'd like to see just a freakshow battle of who can take down the giant!

Put him against Choi too, freak against freak!

Old 12-12-2010, 02:42 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Super D
Struve said he had it under control, no big deal with McCorkle's kimura attempt. BS. If he wasn't so close to the fence, he had a less than 50-50 shot at escaping that one. Still, the guy's incredible. I've never seen someone so tall who was so skilled in the ring or cage. Holy sh*t. I'd REALLY like to see him fight well...pretty much EVERY heavyweight force in the division. Rankings or not, I'd like to see how he deals with Junior, Brock, Cain, Big Country, Mir, basically anyone in the top 10. This is the first time I'd like to see just a freakshow battle of who can take down the giant!

Put him against Choi too, freak against freak!
I deff do NOT mean to burst your bubble but he has fought Nelson and Junior and lost both those fights by TKO...it happens though lol

Last edited by McRae; 12-12-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
I deff do NOT mean to burst your bubble but he has fought Nelson and Junior and lost both those fights by TKO...it happens though lol
Damn, damn, damn I missed the freakwars!

Got links?

Old 12-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Super D
Damn, damn, damn I missed the freakwars!

Got links?
Nelson fight:

Roy Nelson vs. Stefan Struve UFC Fight Night 21 Video - Fights MMA Video Details

And the Junior one youd have to Torrent...UFC does not leave fights up for long im surprised that the Nelson one is still up

Old 12-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Old 12-15-2010, 11:58 AM
BIG NEWS!!!

UFC returning to Brazil, headed to Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena on Aug. 27

UFC returning to Brazil, headed to Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena on Aug. 27 | MMAjunkie.com

"For the first time in nearly 13 years, the Ultimate Fighting Championship is headed to Brazil.

Today during a press conference in Rio de Janeiro, UFC officials and a host of Brazilian fighters announced the organization's 2011 return to the city.

Following weeks of rumors about the show, UFC president Dana White today confirmed the organization will host a "major" pay-per-view card on Aug. 27 at the 18,000-seat HSBC Arena.

"This is another historic day for the UFC," White said.

Joining White in making the announcement were UFC chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta, Rio mayor Eduardo Paes, UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie, and current UFC fighters Anderson Silva, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Jose Aldo and Vitor Belfort.

Officials haven't announced any specific fights for the event, and it's too soon to know how it'll be numbered. But White promises it'll be a major event with some of the organization's top fighters, including a lineup that could be populated primarily by Brazilian-born fighters. According to White, the organization currently has 36 Brazilians under contract.

The UFC's first and only event in the South American country took place in October 1998. The show, "UFC Brazil: Ultimate Brazil" (also known as UFC 17.5), took place at Ginasio da Portuguesa in Sao Paulo. Middleweight champ Frank Shamrock defended his belt with a submission win over John Lober in the headliner, and Pat Miletich scored a split-decision win over Mikey Burnett to become the organization's first lightweight champ. (The title later became the welterweight championship.)

Since the UFC's current ownership group, Zuffa LLC, purchased the organization in early 2001, White often has been asked about the possibility of a return to Brazil. Over the years, the answers have ranged from possible to likely. But in the past year, with the country's economy booming and a continued influx of Brazilian fighters to the UFC's roster, White and other executives made the possibility of a return to Brazil sound like a foregone conclusion.

Now with an event officially on the books, the organization will look to build a foundation in the country. That could mean return trips to Brazil, which hosts the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympics, in the future."

Old 12-16-2010, 11:49 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you guys see that off the cage JUMP kick to the face from Pettis in title fight of WEC 53!!! INSANITY!!!

Old 12-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
We don't get WEC aired here! I need to download

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!