Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't seen the fights yet, "listened in" on Twitter reports during the entire event while I was in Chicago at a martial arts tourney. Great event. The play-by-plays for the Faber and Jones bouts were exciting!

I read Rashad's interview on BloodyElbow.com this morning, and I have to say, I don't root for him, but I think he's a pretty thoughtful guy. This IS business, and a sport of individuals, but I can see his points, and I think his perspective is pretty mature. Some will call him a whining bitch, but the guy's human, and he shares his emotions while being respectful and really taking a look at his relationships with decent objectivity. I wonder what's really going on behind the scenes w/him and Jon. If they're smart, they'll be friends in-person, but play this up so it's a major payday for each of them. This is a short-lived career, and the earnings are fractional compared to NFL and other pro ball sports. Gotta take a big bite at the apple while you can.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Ive always been a Evans fan...im pulling for him in the Jones fight...I like Bones and all...but Rashad may very well prove to be Bones biggest test.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
I think Rashad NEEDS to win the Jones fight, big time. He's got to get back on top and cash in while he can at LHW. Otherwise, he's going to have to drop to MW and get after it. I give him 2-3 more solid years in top form, after that, the young guns coming up in great camps are going to eat him up.

That KO by Machida was a bad one, and I think he'll be more vulnerable from now on, not just physically for more head shots but mentally as well having gone through that devastating knockout.

He's going to have to train very hard, very smart for Jones, and has to get this win while he's still young and sharp enough--and before Jones gets even more tools developed.

Jones has a decade ahead of him, plenty of time for epic wars. I'd actually like to see Evans take this one, get back on top for a bit, and then step out of the sport and maybe do commentary. I like fighters talking fighting, the detail and insight is refreshing.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:37 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Super D
I'd actually like to see Evans take this one, get back on top for a bit, and then step out of the sport and maybe do commentary. I like fighters talking fighting, the detail and insight is refreshing.
SO with you on this!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Old 03-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Nate "The Great" new car!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
^kickin' it old skool! He deserves it!!

Old 03-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar
^kickin' it old skool! He deserves it!!
certainly does...we saw signs of "greatness" in this past fight

Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Old 03-22-2011, 04:02 PM

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!