Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Ok. Just watched it. I'll give Velasquez the win because he was in much better shape and had more technical skill. In short, he was the better fighter. But man, could you imagine if Lesnar was in shape and had more technical training (he needs to switch trainers imho)?

Old 10-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
Ok. Just watched it. I'll give Velasquez the win because he was in much better shape and had more technical skill. In short, he was the better fighter. But man, could you imagine if Lesnar was in shape and had more technical training (he needs to switch trainers imho)?
Lesnar is still learning...hell be back with better stand up..but atm i do see that he may have a suspect chin...he gets rocked once and he falls back...he cant walk through fists like most other fighters...hes lucky he has his size

Old 10-24-2010, 09:42 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
It is more than his chin being suspect.

You are spot on saying that it is, but more than that, he hates getting popped. He doesn't have the heart for it. I watched for it in this fight. I watched every time CV was about to let one rip, Lesnar either tensed up, ducked, closed his eyes; or all of the aforementioned.

That equals no heart for getting popped.

I liked neither of these guys, but had to choose one to win; and I had hoped Lesnar would have since CV is obviously a racist.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:54 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
It is more than his chin being suspect.

You are spot on saying that it is, but more than that, he hates getting popped. He doesn't have the heart for it. I watched for it in this fight. I watched every time CV was about to let one rip, Lesnar either tensed up, ducked, closed his eyes; or all of the aforementioned.

That equals no heart for getting popped.

I liked neither of these guys, but had to choose one to win; and I had hoped Lesnar would have since CV is obviously a racist.
Interesting note on the "hates getting popped" scenario...if you rewind back to to TUF11 Jamie Yager was the SAME way...he had all the athletic talent in the world but would lose ALL composure and basicaly throw in the towel in frustration...he would almost take it personally in disbelief that someone HIT him lol...

Old 10-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
I'm kind of dissapointed Brock lost, but he has to work on his stand up. I didnt end up watching the fight, but saw a replay online somewhere and he just never looks comfortable until he's laying on top of someone, controlling them.

I think if improves his stand up, and gains a little more confidence, then it may take away some aprehesion when a punch comes his way.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Just noticed the Brown Pride thing. I always thought it said Bronx Pride.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:28 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
Interesting note on the "hates getting popped" scenario...if you rewind back to to TUF11 Jamie Yager was the SAME way...he had all the athletic talent in the world but would lose ALL composure and basicaly throw in the towel in frustration...he would almost take it personally in disbelief that someone HIT him lol...
You're right! LOL
I remember watching that guy thinking he probably stutter pissed his pants every time he got smacked. And by the end of a fight, he probably had to empty out his cup.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by chokeu2
You're right! LOL
I remember watching that guy thinking he probably stutter pissed his pants every time he got smacked. And by the end of a fight, he probably had to empty out his cup.
"stutter pissed" hahahaah thats a new saying i never herd...fantastic lol...

Old 10-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
So the Undertaker thing seems to be a hint that Brock might be going back to WWE. There isnt bunch of info on it, but a couple things I read were that he was going to go back to face Undertaker in a one time match. Other places are saying now that he lost he might go back permanately.

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!