Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
Team Quest Fight Club - Elite MMA Fighters, Gyms, and Fight Gear

Quite a few notables train out of there...Sonnen, Lindland & Henderson to name a few.
3 locations in oregon... pretty popular up here I guess. I am going to check the gym out next time I am up in the city.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
I LIKE THIS ALOT!!!

Randy Couture vs. Lyoto Machida possible for UFC 129 in Toronto | MMAjunkie.com

Randy Couture vs. Lyoto Machida possible for UFC 129 in Toronto

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jan 02, 2011 at 4:30 am ET

While Chuck Liddell officially announced his retirement this past week, it looks like fellow UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture (19-10 MMA, 16-7 UFC) may be giving it at least one more go.

MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) has confirmed that Couture has verbally agreed to face another former champion, Lyoto Machida (16-2 MMA, 8-2 UFC), at UFC 129.

Multiple sources close to the promotion have indicated the bout is far from a done deal, but negotiations are ongoing for the matchup, which was first reported by MMAFighting.com.

While the UFC has yet to officially announce any bouts for UFC 129, the event is slated for April 30 at the Rogers Centre in Toronto.

In October, Couture cast some doubt as to his fighting future by admitting he was focused more on potential acting roles than future in-cage matchups. However, "The Natural" never claimed he was completely finished with fighting.

In December, Couture's lawyer and representative, Sam Spira, said the retirement talk was pre-mature.

In March, Couture is expected to begin filming for "The Expendables 2," in which he'll reprise his role as Toll Road. Potential scheduling conflicts are said to be among the few hurdles needed to clear before the bout can become more of a reality.

Couture is currently enjoying a three-fight win streak that includes a heavyweight win over James Toney at this past August's UFC 118 event, as well as two light heavyweight wins over Mark Coleman and Brandon Vera.

Meanwhile, after opening his career with 16-straight wins, Machida has now lost back-to-back fights. "The Dragon" surrendered the UFC light heavyweight title to Mauricio "Shogun" Rua this past May and then dropped a heartbreaking split decision to Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in November.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Just got back, man, Edgar vs Maynard was epic. Lots of great fights, awesome start to the new year!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:20 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Edgar/Maynard was excellent!

Not sure what Vera was thinking... Well... after his nosed got busted, I have an idea of what he was thinking; but prior to that, he did very little. His striking was more accurate, but he failed to use it; and when he was on the ground he literally just laid their. It has to suck to get bitch slapped, literally; on international television.

Couture coming back... C'mon... really???

Old 01-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Vera really fought a stupid fight, so frustrating to watch. He has long arms and legs, didn't use them standing up the way he should've. Had the range to pick Silva apart, didn't. Instead he took away his reach advantage by trying to dirty box and wrestle a guy with serious Jits and more strength and even when that approach failed, he did it again and again. He deserved to get slapped the way he did. Way to throw away a great opportunity for a comeback, and probably his last in UFC. What a shame. I really wanted him to win this and parlay it into a good run this year.

How'd you like Roberts kimura from the bottom?! Wow. Nice job. Soto had a couple moments of brilliance, but Roberts is more well-rounded, so this played out as it should have.

Guida sub'd Gomi, awesome. Love Guida. Guy's like a freakin' live wire. Gomi should've been able to use an oversized tennis racquet, Guida's head was bouncing around so quick that would've been the only shot at hitting it! Glad Guida sub'd him, he often wastes his positions on the ground, so either Jackson's improved Clay's ground work, or Gomi's just not strong enough on the ground. In any case, I'll always root for Guida.

Brown effing threw away the advantage he'd built over Nunes, dumb, dumb, dumb. When you have a guy's head hurt, you punish him and knock his ass out, or hurt him badly with more head strikes to that side and only then take him down. Brown went for TD's with zero set-up and when he clearly had a chance to double, triple up and more on punches and had Nunes hurt. When Nunes stumbled and wavered, Brown didn't attack and drive forward. Foolish! This was ridiculous. I was super impressed early on with Brown when he fought Faber, but now I just see him as a very strong, unintelligent fighter. He needs to get a new coach and a new strategic thought process or he's done. With guys like Aldo, Nunes and even Mendes in the division, there is no way to just rely on strong hands.

Baroni, what can you say. They guy's hysterical, very funny personality. He's had a great run. It's over. But hey, he almost got a take-down on Josh Rosenthal at the end there. I like Baroni, really enjoyed watching him in years past, he'll always be "the best eva!"

Can someone please tell me how Grispi did not get KO'd? Does he have a brain in there? That was the worst head beating in recent memory. He ate punches like it was his last meal. That kid's got to learn how to counter strikers and improve his footwork, before he completely destroys whatever grey matter he has left. Brutal beating Dustin Poirier dished out. Grispi didn't control Poirier on the triangle attempt, and he really had a good initial position there. Poirier easily stood up and slammed him. I was favoring Grispi to win this, gross misjudgement.

Davis made the same damned error in Rd 1 that Hendo made with Shields. Hurt the younger guy quick, end it quick. You cannot ignore probability and allow youthful endurance to take over. Yet another example of not capitalizing when you have the other guy hurt standing up; Davis needed to follow up with more hands, and either KO Stephens or get him so dizzy on his feet that a sub would be easy. He didn't play to his strengths. Another fighter I really like here, and he just wasn't playing smart. That KO should get him to think about retiring after this year. He was out for a long time, and he's not getting any younger. I'll miss the Irish Hand Grenade, but he's had some great fights to be proud of. Now he needs to go get a real career and make good money while he still (luckily) has a brain left. He retired from boxing a decade ago after a tough TKO, now he needs to think about doing that same thing here.

Diaz and Kim was very entertaining. No idea how to score that, I have to watch it again. Diaz is a freak. The guy finds a way to twist around and punch you in the face seemingly from any angle whether he's on top or bottom, and despite looking like a gangly punk with zero muscle, he hits hard! Diaz is always working on the ground, no matter if he gets into a compromised position, he immediately rolls and turns and twists into an escape move or reversal attempt, or sub attempt. So fluid, really a talent. Kim's no slouch, very well-rounded as well. He was in dominant positions more often, so I get the judging on this one. It was really sickening hearing the fans live yelling out anti-Asian slurs after the decision was announced. Fighters are fighters. And Kim is great. Not sure why he was talking GSP, he has no business even considering that at this point.

Brian Stann is the MAN. That looked like Donkey Kong vs Duke Nukem, am I right? Leben has a head like a granite regulation sized NBA basketball, and I've never seen him rocked so powerfully. That was like watching Houston Alexander on a good night. Explosiveness, speed, accuracy with the hands. Very solid and formidable fighter. Stann needs to keep his conditioning up by knocking the piss out of Bisping next, and then he needs to break Sonnen's Jaw to shut him up for a while. Please, please G*D make this happen. I know I haven't been good about going to temple, church, praying, etc but this is really important. Please hear my prayers, Amen.

Agreed about Couture, Choke. I don't have any desire to watch Randy fight any more. He's great, was great, will always be great. But c'mon. It's enough already.

Last edited by Super D; 01-02-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
HUGE NEWS!!!

Georges St-Pierre vs. Jake Shields set for UFC 129 headliner in TORONTO

Dana White: Georges St-Pierre vs. Jake Shields set for UFC 129 headliner | MMAjunkie.com

"As expected UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (21-2 MMA, 15-2 UFC) next defends his title against Jake Shields (26-4-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) in the headliner of April's UFC 129 event in Toronto.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the long-rumored bout with MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) over the weekend.

As previously reported, the event also is expected to feature UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture (19-10 MMA, 16-7 UFC) vs. former champ Lyoto Machida (16-2 MMA, 8-2 UFC).

UFC 129 is slated for April 30 at the Rogers Centre in Toronto. The night's main card airs on pay-per-view.

The show is expected to break attendance and gate records for the UFC and North American MMA.

Having St-Piere, a French-Canadian, on the card certainly will help. The champ recently posted his fifth consecutive title defense with a lopsided unanimous-decision win over Josh Koscheck at UFC 124. The fighter, who many consider the world's top-ranked pound-for-pound competitor, essentially would clean out the welterweight division with a win over Shields. It'd also mark his ninth straight win and 15th victory in his past 16 fights.

Shields, a former EliteXC welterweight champion and Strikeforce middleweight titleholder, recently made his UFC debut and edged Martin Kampmann via split decision at UFC 121. The Cesar Gracie product owns a staggering 15-fight win streak with wins over notables such as Dan Henderson, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Robbie Lawler, Paul Daley, Nick Thompson, Mike Pyle, Carlos Condit and Yushin Okami."

Old 01-03-2011, 04:18 PM
UFC CRIBS!!! Anderson Silva

YouTube - UFC Cribs: Anderson Silva

Old 01-03-2011, 04:36 PM
^^^
He's incredibly tidy. I don't know what the heck she's saying, but she can keep talking as long as she wants.

Btw, I've seen some interviews with Anderson before and is it just me or does he seem like one of the nicest guys in the world?

Old 01-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Super D
Btw, I've seen some interviews with Anderson before and is it just me or does he seem like one of the nicest guys in the world?
I know right...he seems immensely humble and good hearted. He gets a bad rap cuz of some bad "Maia" fights...but he is deff not an asshole that is for sure

Old 01-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
one hell of a watch collection.... what the hell was she wearing? uggg....

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!