Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

GOLF ADVICE... Please school me

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010 | 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond repute
Ag Surfer,

You can also look into what options the local stores have in way of trying out new clubs.

I know many stores have the ability to track your "shots" electronicly and provide you feedback on which clubs you are hitting well to enable you to make a more informed purchase. This will probably be more beneficial for drivers/woods rather than irons.

Good luck with lesson the the second.

Wilson

Old 09-27-2010 | 04:06 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with you about the stores that help you pick the right clubs, but he needs to develop a good swing before he gets into a pricey set of clubs. Just my $0.02.

Old 10-04-2010 | 08:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bullitt44
Best advice I can give you is get a good intro lesson and practice all aspects of the game. I would not over equip yourself to begin and buy a set of iron that are not oversized to
really understand the golf swing. Learning golf can be frustrating, but your first good round will make it all worth it.

For reference I have a USGA handicap of 6
agreed, lessons and practice is the key. I played with the same set of ping eye 2's from age 14 to 27. It's not about the equipment that makes you better. Once you get the fundamentals down equipment will help, but getting the fundamentals down is the first thing that must be done. Personally, i'd rather play with older technology, because there is no hiding your flaws with it when learning.

Old 10-04-2010 | 08:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
I agree with you about the stores that help you pick the right clubs, but he needs to develop a good swing before he gets into a pricey set of clubs. Just my $0.02.
exactly, because his swing is going to change, once it's consistent is when the right time to find the right clubs for you are