Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

MMA? any fans on here??? UFC, WEC, BELLATOR, STRIKEFORCE etc...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
What's wrong with the said "commitment", are you against someone doing this full time? What are your views on NHL, NFL and other athletes that are not doctors/lawyers by day and pro athletes on the weekend?

Just curious.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:27 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
Choke, u obviously have a vastly superior knowledge of the sport compared to me... Can you please explain to me how Carwin is far more tested?

I also believe a lot of purist need to understand that this is a business driven sport not a passion driven sport and because of that we will see many more "freaks" who can simply win due to their athletic ability...
I think that you may have taken some offense to something I said. Certainly not my intent, nor was it my intent to inflame a discussion.

I have a bias after being involved in the competitive and the business end of it for quite some time bro. That is where the opinion and bias come from.

I get all of the reasons that we see more "freaks". In another time, I'd be more irritated on all fronts, but as I'm not involved in the business of it anymore; I can sit back with my haughty purists opinion and bitch.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Choke, I took no offense to anything your posted... quite the opposite I respect your knowledge of the sport and definitely enjoy hearing your thoughts on a fighter and the BIG events...

Old 07-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
UFC 116 was how do you say...??? AMAZING!!! what are your guys thoughts...the Leben fight blew me away

Old 07-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
It was definately an exciting event, no doubt about it. The Carwin/Lesnar fight was just one good fight amongst many that evening.

Leben fight was good, but I could do without the showboating, etc.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
UFC 116 was how do you say...??? AMAZING!!! what are your guys thoughts...the Leben fight blew me away
It was an awesome card, capped off by a GREAT heavy weight fight... I personally was rooting for Brock and really have a new found respect for his skill set after making it out of that first round (even though i thought the fight was going to be stopped).

I feel bad for Valaquez, as I personally think he has NO idea what he can do to beat Brock since his hands create about 1/2 the damage that Carwins do...

Who thinks Carwin vs Fedor will be the next big Heavyweight battle? I say Carwin, because Dana made it clear he will not be "handing" a title fight to Fedor after his recent showing...

Old 07-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
^ Since when is fedor in the UFC?

Old 07-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Banned
That's my point... His contract is no up @ SF and he will be looking for a fight in the UFC... most MMA fan's want to see him come to UFC to fight Brock...

Old 07-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Not gonna happen, just like in the past his managers will want to co-promote UFC events along side M-1, and yea, Dana White will not be a fan of that.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Banned
Tsar, I think this loss will give them MUCH less power, I believe we will see Fedor in the UFC.

Quick Reply: MMA? any fans on here??? UFC, WEC, BELLATOR, STRIKEFORCE etc...