Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Great Article - BYU Wins With Honor Code and Without Sex

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
No. I met my wife at BYU about a year after my mission. Good question though.

That's great! My mission really made me appreciate what I had at home. I served in the most rural areas of Korea with much less than the bare necessities to survive.

Mormon missions are always 2 years for men who normally go when they are 19. Women can serve as well but their missions are 18 months and they cannot go until they are 21.
I served from 99-2001 in Argentina. Great memories and even better friends made down there.

I actually really disliked the attitude at BYU (went there for two years), so I transferred to the University of Utah to finish my Bachelor's. I guess I needed a little more....diversity.

Edit: Women can serve earlier if they are the daughters of a current Mission President or a General Authority, I believe.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bradb1us
I served from 99-2001 in Argentina. Great memories and even better friends made down there.

I actually really disliked the attitude at BYU (went there for two years), so I transferred to the University of Utah to finish my Bachelor's. I guess I needed a little more....diversity.

Edit: Women can serve earlier if they are the daughters of a current Mission President or a General Authority, I believe.
Wow. A fellow LDS person on TS. I'm no longer the only one!!

But you went to the University of Utah . . . We cannot be friends.

Just kidding! BYU isn't for everyone. Kudos to you for figuring it out and going somewhere that better met your needs.

It's the students who stay and complain that I can't stand.

You are correct about the age thing.

My brother is the Mission President of the Seattle Washington Mission. His son is getting ready to go on his mission when he is 18.

You are allowed to go 1 year earlier if you are the child of a Mission President or someone in general leadership in the church.

Last edited by Barrister; 04-22-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond repute
Not that anyone cares, but I have a super hot Mormon friend lol.

I actually grew up a few miles from one of the houses Brigham Young grew up in (Mendon, NY); and if I remember correctly, where he may have been 'exposed' to Mormonism.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dynamic
Not that anyone cares, but I have a super hot Mormon friend lol.

I actually grew up a few miles from one of the houses Brigham Young grew up in (Mendon, NY); and if I remember correctly, where he may have been 'exposed' to Mormonism.
That's cool! Brigham Young was a great man. Both for the Church and for the United States in general.

He led the pioneers across the plains and settled much of the Western United States.