Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Great Article - BYU Wins With Honor Code and Without Sex

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
This would be very true.

Did you know that Mormon missionaries invented the Luao?
I assume you mean Lu'au, but no, I didn't know that. I guess it's possible they organized the first party that gave rise to the modern Lu'au, but Hawaiians were doing all the traditional cooking and stuff long before any Europeans reached the islands.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
I assume you mean Lu'au, but no, I didn't know that. I guess it's possible they organized the first party that gave rise to the modern Lu'au, but Hawaiians were doing all the traditional cooking and stuff long before any Europeans reached the islands.
Yes. I mean what we know as the modern lu'au experience.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Yes. I mean what we know as the modern lu'au experience.
Mormon missionaries huh? I've never heard that before. I knew a few Mormons in high school. I think they're all doing missions now.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Mormon missionaries huh? I've never heard that before. I knew a few Mormons in high school. I think they're all doing missions now.
I served my mission fro 1989-1991 in South Korea.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Banned
Meet your wife there?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I thought it's typically one year?

Baby scud is going on mission trips for as many times as possible. It really will open his eyes to how blesses he is to be born here, and of course, to further the Kingdom.

I did a short mission trip to northern Thailand for one week back in high school, and even though I have lived in many third world country, it still shocked me.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Meet your wife there?
No. I met my wife at BYU about a year after my mission. Good question though.

Originally Posted by stuka
Wow, I thought it's typically one year?

Baby scud is going on mission trips for as many times as possible. It really will open his eyes to how blesses he is to be born here, and of course, to further the Kingdom.

I did a short mission trip to northern Thailand for one week back in high school, and even though I have lived in many third world country, it still shocked me.
That's great! My mission really made me appreciate what I had at home. I served in the most rural areas of Korea with much less than the bare necessities to survive.

Mormon missions are always 2 years for men who normally go when they are 19. Women can serve as well but their missions are 18 months and they cannot go until they are 21.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff_NJ
I have to say that the author comes across as an obnoxious, condescending, a$$hole. It's like he never met someone with morals and honor, and doesn't know what to make of them. Jerk.
Sort of like this.

Honest Government Worker - Video - FoxNews.com

Old 04-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
I remember when Sports Illustrated did an article on the BYU football coach... and where did SI choose to publish this article? In the swimsuit issue, of course. Which no one on campus is allowed to read.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
I remember when Sports Illustrated did an article on the BYU football coach... and where did SI choose to publish this article? In the swimsuit issue, of course. Which no one on campus is allowed to read.
LOL. I had a box full of SI Swimsuit issues.

It blurred the line. But I was able to rationalize.

Quick Reply: Great Article - BYU Wins With Honor Code and Without Sex