Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official Lakers vs. Magic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Chicken shit foul by pietrus.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
gxlex is an unknown quantity at this point
That was a great game...the Magic deserve to lose playing the way they did. Why is Nelson even playing in the 4th? That guy is useless. They should have stick with Alston since he's the one who carry them throughout the playoff. Don't fix what's not broken.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^
With all due respect to your comment, Rafer Alston is not a player that is going to carry any team to a championship......

Old 06-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
gxlex is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BigE
^^^^
With all due respect to your comment, Rafer Alston is not a player that is going to carry any team to a championship......
all I'm saying is Alston been playing great throughout the playoff. Nelson been on the sideline for half a season and now jump in for the championship game and is not playing up to standard. I thing the Magic would have a better chance of winning with Alston. I just want to watch a great game even though I, like most of you, know that the Lakers will take it down. I just want the final to be extended out as far as possible. But now it looks like the end is Sunday.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
That last foul was ridiculous. That should have been called a flagrant brain cramp.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gxlex
That was a great game...the Magic deserve to lose playing the way they did. Why is Nelson even playing in the 4th? That guy is useless. They should have stick with Alston since he's the one who carry them throughout the playoff. Don't fix what's not broken.
did you hear the interview with van gundy? he said that since they sucked so bad in the third he wanted a change in the 4th. he also said that since that squad was playing well and since rafer had been sitting on the bench for 10+ minutes, he didn't want to put him back in.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
All I'm gonna is .. Magic in the 4th quarter and OT had 19ft's to the Lakers 2!!!!

I said after the 1st quarter, that it would take a miracle to win this game, since it was being called so atrociously, and thats exactly what it took. The Lakers won this game despite the refs.

I love fish and Ariza.

GO LAKERS!!!

P.S. And Pietrus is a little bitch.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gxlex
all I'm saying is Alston been playing great throughout the playoff. Nelson been on the sideline for half a season and now jump in for the championship game and is not playing up to standard. I thing the Magic would have a better chance of winning with Alston. I just want to watch a great game even though I, like most of you, know that the Lakers will take it down. I just want the final to be extended out as far as possible. But now it looks like the end is Sunday.
Agreed. Van Gundy has made several questionable coaching moves the entire series with the Alston/Nelson fiasco being the worst. Rafer Alston has a fragile ego and Van Gundy's decision to play Nelson as many minutes as he has really seemed to mess with Alston's head.

The Magic's reasons for losing this series run far and deep.
- They rely too much on the jumpshot. Hot shooting does not win championships.
- They are not consistent, especially on the defensive end. They could not get stops when they needed them.
- Howard's lack of offensive skills became blatantly obvious. He is not much a passer and he has an extremely limited repertoire of moves. He needs to look at how Shaq got better and better every year and developed himself into a complete low-post player. Howard is an elite talent, but not an elite level player yet. Not in the sense of Kobe, Wade or LeBron. It will be up to him if he is going to develop into one.
- Championship teams are a mix of elite players and role players that play their roles really well. At numerous points during the playoffs, different role players have to step up and make big plays. Cleveland lacks solid role players as does Orlando. Petrius, Alston, Lee, Battie, Reddick.....aside from one stellar game by Alston, none of them have stepped up and done what Ariza, Fisher, Walton and Farmar have done for the Lakers this series.

This off season will be extremely important for Orlando, Cleveland and the Lakers.

The Lakers must resign Ariza. I'm still wondering about Odom. The $10 mil per season he wants could buy one or two tough, strong veterans that can bang inside.

Orlando needs to revamp its role players and resign Turkoglu

Cleveland needs to get rid of all of those expensive, non-contributing veteran players and sign someone big to help LeBron.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
the lakers should keep their nucleus, but i would only sign odom for a couple of years if possible.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
the lakers should keep their nucleus, but i would only sign odom for a couple of years if possible.
If Odom can't be resigned, I think more than anything Ariza needs to be. Then we pick-up Artest to bolster our perimeter D, and 3-point shooting. I know, he's a head case, but I think Phil and Co. could keep him in check.

GO LAKERS!

Quick Reply: The Official Lakers vs. Magic Thread