Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official Lakers vs. Magic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Hell yeah!!!

Great win by the Lakers! They were the best road team in the NBA for a reason.

Let's resign Odom and Ariza, and repeat!

Old 06-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by theprotest
Hi,

Congratulations to the Lakers. A dominating performance to win G5.

I thought it was incredibly stupid to be asking Kobe to compare this win to the championship with Shaq, literally two minutes after the game ended. Seriously. Give it up.

Cheers,
Nik
Did you think that the pink elephant in the room was not going to be brought up? He answered it again in the studio and did a good job.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The "winning one without Shaq" discussion is relevant IMHO.

I remember when Steve Young finally won a Super Bowl without Joe Montana. He openly talked about how nice it was to have that "monkey off his back."

It is the same with Kobe. This was "his" team. He was no longer in a support role. Plus, he got to put it in everyone's face who said that he would never win a title without Shaq.

While it is a tough subject, you wouldn't be a very good journalist if you didn't bring it up - and quick.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think the "win one without shaq" issue would be as much of an issue if Shaq hadn't made such an issue about it to start with by letting loose with the "tell me how my ass tastes" rap where he said "kobe couldn't do it without me."

On my earlier post, I did mean to say people were jumping "on" the Cleveland and LeBron bandwagon.

I don't think that this year's Laker team is as good as some great Laker teams from the recent past, nor are they as good as the Celtics were last year. When Lamar Odom is playing well, this team is practically unbeatable. The problem is that Odom only shows up about 40% of the time.

This off season will be interesting. In a perfect world they are going to resign Ariza and Odom. Bynum will train like an animal in the off-season and regain his dominant form from two years ago right before his first injury. Farmar will step up and show himself to be a worthy successor to Fish and Sasha will regain that form and confidence he showed in last year's playoffs.

If all of that happens, this team will be scary good....70 wins good....two to three more titles in a row good.....time will tell. In the mean time, I am going to savor this championship. To think that just a few years ago we were 34-48.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
hats off the lakers. i'm glad kobe got the "monkey" off his back. i'm also glad to see phil get #10.