Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official Lakers vs. Magic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
The Official Lakers vs. Magic Thread

As much as I was hoping for the Kobe vs Lebron matchup that most people wanted to see, I feel that this series will be far more entertaining to watch. Many more points will be scored, with more "up and down" action from both teams.

The Lakers have long and athletic perimeter defenders to deal with the Magic's outside shooters. I feel the real key to this series will lie in how well the Laker post players can contain Dwight Howard. If the Laker post players can handle him one-on-one, then they will be able to more effectively guard the Magic's perimeter players and prevent the "kick-out" passes for three pointers that were so effective for the Magic against the Cavs.

My prediction is a split in LA, with the Lakers taking 2 out of 3 in Orlando and closing it out at home in game 6. I cannot wait until Thursday!!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i don't think they can defend superman one on one. they'll have to double early and force him to pass. if the magic can shoot lights out from 3 point range, then they should be congratulated. they won't be shooting over 6' 2" guards in this series.

the lakers will need someone to step up. as evidenced in the cleveland series, kobe won't be able to do it by himself. count on gasol to add 20 or so, but they will need some big games from ariza or odom. should be fun to watch.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
I think a big difference in this series is that D12 is going to have to defend post players on the Lakers that can actually make shots, and make D12 work on the defensive end. The Cavs had nobody as talented as Pau in the post, which resulted in Howard being able to roam the paint and be the back line of the defense.

GO LAKERS! Cant wait till Thursday!

Old 06-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i hope the lakers pound it inside from the start. if dwight gets in foul trouble, it's over.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Do any of you Laker-hater and/or Magic fans want to place a friendly wager on the series? Maybe wagering something to do with having to say something about the other team in your quote for a month????? Now is your time to make some of us Laker fans eat our words

Old 06-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Do any of you Laker-hater and/or Magic fans want to place a friendly wager on the series? Maybe wagering something to do with having to say something about the other team in your quote for a month????? Now is your time to make some of us Laker fans eat our words
I'm in for this as well...

Old 06-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Seriously. Change it.
Where are all of the Laker doubters and Kobe haters? If Orlando is supposed to be a better team and the Lakers are over-rated, then this should be a "sucker bet"

Old 06-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Where are all of the Laker doubters and Kobe haters? If Orlando is supposed to be a better team and the Lakers are over-rated, then this should be a "sucker bet"
Laker/Kobe hater checking in.

Just because I hate, doesn't mean I think they will lose... I can hope and cheer but unless the Magic are 40%+ from behind the arc its going to be a tough series for them.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
ricky is a glorious beacon of lightricky is a glorious beacon of lightricky is a glorious beacon of lightricky is a glorious beacon of lightricky is a glorious beacon of lightricky is a glorious beacon of lightricky is a glorious beacon of lightricky is a glorious beacon of lightricky is a glorious beacon of lightricky is a glorious beacon of lightricky is a glorious beacon of light
one thought!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
can't wait!

Quick Reply: The Official Lakers vs. Magic Thread