Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Laker & Rocket Fans - Its On!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the bad juju fusionstorm

Old 05-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Rockets got buried alive.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
don't forget to thank ritesh also.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
hehehe... The Lakers ate them alive tonight.

Let's see if the Lakers show some consistency and killer instincts, and close out this series in 6. I have my doubts, they have not shown this yet... in these playoffs.

Game 6 is gonna say a lot about the Lakers, and their hopes for a championship.

Go Lakers!

Old 05-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
they just need to play with half the intensity they did tonight and they should be fine. if they play solid d and show some hustle, everything else falls into place. i'm glad they erased the 1st quarter deficit early on. they seem to struggle when they are pressing and playing from behind.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
As far as the Nuggets huge advantage at the point guard, please explain. Chauncey Billups is a man, a stellar leader, and a great clutch player. But he is getting old and was never that quick to begin with. Jason Hart has scored a total of 2 points in the playoffs so far. Anthony Carter has averages 3 points per game in the playoffs. If you have been watching the Lakers, you would know that the type of play from the point guard that kills them is quickness....like Tony Parker, Derron Williams, Chris Paul and now Aaron Brooks. Denver does not have quickness at the point guard position.

The floor is yours, I am all ears........
If DFish, Shannon Brown & Jordan Farmar are able to contain Chauncey's ability to run Denver's offense, then LA will win pretty easily. I don't think they'll be able to contain him, as few PGs have been able to stop Chauncey since he's joined the Nuggets. That's what should make this a compelling series.

As for my statement that the Nuggets have a better 7 or 8 guys than the Lakers, I'm not basing that on a player to player comparison. I'm looking at it from a team perspective, since lineups are interchangeable. The starting lineups are close, probably a slight advantage to the Lakers. Where the Nuggets own a solid advantage right now is with their bench. JR Smith gives them instant offense, and Birdman brings considerable defensive and rebounding presence. The Lakers haven't been getting that sort of consistent pop from their bench during this postseason. If they do, then the Nuggets won't have much of a chance to win the series.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
I never said the Rockets were going to win the series.....

But yea, my post disrupted the shooting abilities of the entire team tonight......

I suspect that Game 6 will be a much closer affair, but the Lakers will pull out the victory. That should make you happy, as you'll undoubtedly feel that I'm putting out bad juju for the Lakers......

Old 05-13-2009, 03:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
YUP

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
All Lakers, all the time... It's going to be a Kobe-LeBron final.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
The Lakers really put it together last night. It was great to see solid contributions from the entire team, especially Bynum and Farmar, who have been almost non-existent for the Lakers in the playoffs so far. I am really hoping that Vujacic regains the form he had in the playoff run last year, but Shannon Brown seems to be stepping in and filling that role nicely.

I'm not sure if any of you all have noticed, but Shannon Brown has a vertical leap that has been listed as somewhere between 45 and 48 inches!!!! That kid can sky!!!! Do a youtube search on him, you will be amazed.

As far as Houston goes, I have to hand it to them. They have played with heart, guts and determination. When they are at full strength again next year, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the West.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Even if the Rockets are able to win the next game, I don't think they could win game 7. Oh well, I'm not really that into basketball any way, I'll head back to the pit stop section, where I'm really interested.

Quick Reply: Laker & Rocket Fans - Its On!!!!