Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Laker & Rocket Fans - Its On!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute

shit performance, and something I did not expect. Outings like this, will get them ousted against the Denver Nuggets. Who right now, are playing exceptional ball.

Lakers better get their ish straight, or they'll be fishing soon.

edit: Kudos to the Rockets for coming out with fire, and showing that they aren't gonna give this series up easily.

Last edited by thedude; 05-10-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
you're crazy if you think the rockets are better off without him.

Lets see - ROCKETS are without Tracy McGrady, lose Mutumbo in 1st round and now have lost Ming - yet they blow away the Lakers You Socal seriously think that the Lakers are THAT talented. They looks like duds today. They are a 1 man team. Thats it. It takes more than that to win a championship! I seriously think you Socal guys live in a glass bubble.

I think LA will end up winning this series just because we can't sustain this kind of emotion for 3 more games. You guys need to see the way Denver and Cleveland play. They are playing much better team BB.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be honest, I didn't expect that at all. What a first half.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ritesh

Lets see - ROCKETS are without Tracy McGrady, lose Mutumbo in 1st round and now have lost Ming - yet they blow away the Lakers You Socal seriously think that the Lakers are THAT talented. They looks like duds today. They are a 1 man team. Thats it. It takes more than that to win a championship! I seriously think you Socal guys live in a glass bubble.

I think LA will end up winning this series just because we can't sustain this kind of emotion for 3 more games. You guys need to see the way Denver and Cleveland play. They are playing much better team BB.
What part of my reply did you not read? seriously.

I've been more than critical of my team... and I think the "Socalers" you are referring to on this thread have been critical as well.

We've given credit to the Rockets at every turn, and commented on how badly the Lakers have played throughout the series. Go back and read the thread.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ritesh

Coming in here and trying to senselessly stir things up will earn you nothing but a fleeting moment of personal self-satisfaction and a whole lot of negative rep......

If I am interpreting your post correctly, you are saying that with the exception of Kobe, you would rather have the Rockets roster over that of the Lakers? I can guarantee that you are alone in that opinion, especially among the people who know a thing or two about basketball....like every NBA analyst on the planet.

The Laker fans on this thread have admitted disgust at their team's inconsistent performance (myself, thedude, Mr. Kram and everyone else). The other Rocket fans who have posted on this thread have also been objective with their opinions.

Please do us all a favor and refrain from trying to start childish flame wars or unsubscribe from this thread altogether.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Coming in here and trying to senselessly stir things up will earn you nothing but a fleeting moment of personal self-satisfaction and a whole lot of negative rep......

If I am interpreting your post correctly, you are saying that with the exception of Kobe, you would rather have the Rockets roster over that of the Lakers? I can guarantee that you are alone in that opinion, especially among the people who know a thing or two about basketball....like every NBA analyst on the planet.

The Laker fans on this thread have admitted disgust at their team's inconsistent performance (myself, thedude, Mr. Kram and everyone else). The other Rocket fans who have posted on this thread have also been objective with their opinions.

Please do us all a favor and refrain from trying to start childish flame wars or unsubscribe from this thread altogether.
Easy, BigE. No need to get riled up over a differing opinion. We're talking sports here, not politics. I hardly think bringing up the specter of "negative rep" is necessary (would you say something like "I'd neg rep you if we were in an online forum" if you were having this discussion with the guy sitting next to you at the local sports bar??).

As for this series, every bad outing (or even protracted stretch during a game) that the Lakers have will only give Denver and (if LA gets that far) Cleveland more confidence that they'll be able to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series. I don't think anyone can argue against Cleveland & Denver having been the two most impressive teams in the playoffs thus far, and they're doing it by playing the antithesis of the way the Lakers have played (i.e. they're playing team ball with tangible and intangible production from players besides their big guns).

Everyone keeps talking about how Kobe will step up when needed, but he still needs solid contributions from the rest of the team if they're going to win 4 out of 7. Denver & Cleveland are both good enough from either an individual or team defense perspective to force KB to choose between taking a tough, contested shot or to pass it to a teammate with a much better look. Neither choice is conducive to a Lakers series win. The former is the "bad" KB of the past, and the latter hasn't exactly been a solid option for the Lakers thus far this season.

I'm really looking forward to a Lakers-Nuggets matchup. I honestly think that the Nuggets present a tougher team matchup for the Lakers than Cleveland does.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by fusionstorm
Easy, BigE. No need to get riled up over a differing opinion. We're talking sports here, not politics. I hardly think bringing up the specter of "negative rep" is necessary (would you say something like "I'd neg rep you if we were in an online forum" if you were having this discussion with the guy sitting next to you at the local sports bar??).

As for this series, every bad outing (or even protracted stretch during a game) that the Lakers have will only give Denver and (if LA gets that far) Cleveland more confidence that they'll be able to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series. I don't think anyone can argue against Cleveland & Denver having been the two most impressive teams in the playoffs thus far, and they're doing it by playing the antithesis of the way the Lakers have played (i.e. they're playing team ball with tangible and intangible production from players besides their big guns).

Everyone keeps talking about how Kobe will step up when needed, but he still needs solid contributions from the rest of the team if they're going to win 4 out of 7. Denver & Cleveland are both good enough from either an individual or team defense perspective to force KB to choose between taking a tough, contested shot or to pass it to a teammate with a much better look. Neither choice is conducive to a Lakers series win. The former is the "bad" KB of the past, and the latter hasn't exactly been a solid option for the Lakers thus far this season.

I'm really looking forward to a Lakers-Nuggets matchup. I honestly think that the Nuggets present a tougher team matchup for the Lakers than Cleveland does.
I think BigE and I both took offense to the whole "socalers" comment, considering we've both been very critical of the Lakers.

Agreed that it's not politics, but its a touchy subject right now considering were in the middle of the playoffs, and our team has been playing out of character.

I agree with you as far as Denver and Cleveland. Both of those teams are playing with intensity, and really have chemisty going. Running on all cylinders. We'll see what happens when they both meet some tougher competition.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i find this funny because i'm not even a true laker fan. i live in LA so i pull for the home team, but i root for the clippers when the play the lakers. truth be told, i split my alliance with the 76ers (long time favorite as a kid during the Dr. J years), the phoenix suns (dad is a season ticket holder) and yes, the houston rockets (i followed barkley from the 76ers to the suns to the rockets and my wife is originally from the houston area).

Old 05-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
i find this funny because i'm not even a true laker fan. i live in LA so i pull for the home team, but i root for the clippers when the play the lakers. truth be told, i split my alliance with the 76ers (long time favorite as a kid during the Dr. J years), the phoenix suns (dad is a season ticket holder) and yes, the houston rockets (i followed barkley from the 76ers to the suns to the rockets and my wife is originally from the houston area).
Damn, your a triple agent? That hurts buddy

Old 05-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
sorry, i was born and raised in hawaii. we had no pro franchises there so you cheered for who was on tv the most. as a 76ers fan growing up, i actually hated the lakers and celtics.

let it also be known that i like the yankees, braves and cowboys.

Quick Reply: Laker & Rocket Fans - Its On!!!!