Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Laker & Rocket Fans - Its On!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thedude
I think BigE and I both took offense to the whole "socalers" comment, considering we've both been very critical of the Lakers.

Agreed that it's not politics, but its a touchy subject right now considering were in the middle of the playoffs, and our team has been playing out of character.

I agree with you as far as Denver and Cleveland. Both of those teams are playing with intensity, and really have chemisty going. Running on all cylinders. We'll see what happens when they both meet some tougher competition.
Well, to play devil's advocate, the first couple pages of this thread had more than a few proclaimations of Laker greatness from BigE (Lakers in 4 or 5, Lakers to win Game 1 by double digits, etc.). The tone has rightfully shifted considerably, but it's always fun to kick Lakers fans when they're down b/c Lakers fans when they're winning can be almost as insufferable as Red Sox or Yankees fans when they're winning......

One thing I do find particularly amusing is your last statement above. Both Denver & Cleveland have been playing well even as they go deeper in the postseason, while LA appears to have backtracked the further they go. The implicit expectation amongst Lakers fans is that their team will "rise to the competition" and will play better the deeper they go in the playoffs. We definitely haven't seen that, and I'm not so sure we're going to.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Lakers would be a lot more popular if it weren't for Kobe, he is way too cocky. Can't he be humble about himself. Los Angeles and Dallas both have the same cocky attitude, thats their only faults.

Houston is a pretty humble team so I'll root for the underdogs and since I'm from here! That 31 point lead Houston had over the Lakers was quite a suprise, especially when our better players were all out of the game!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond repute
It'll be ON tonight!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:15 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
LOL. i'm going to eat my words.
You sure did!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fusionstorm
Well, to play devil's advocate, the first couple pages of this thread had more than a few proclaimations of Laker greatness from BigE (Lakers in 4 or 5, Lakers to win Game 1 by double digits, etc.). The tone has rightfully shifted considerably, but it's always fun to kick Lakers fans when they're down b/c Lakers fans when they're winning can be almost as insufferable as Red Sox or Yankees fans when they're winning......

One thing I do find particularly amusing is your last statement above. Both Denver & Cleveland have been playing well even as they go deeper in the postseason, while LA appears to have backtracked the further they go. The implicit expectation amongst Lakers fans is that their team will "rise to the competition" and will play better the deeper they go in the playoffs. We definitely haven't seen that, and I'm not so sure we're going to.
Its one thing to make predictions about your own team, its another to make inflammatory remarks like "all you socalers think your team is so cool and they really suck because we are better and other teams are better..."

I admit I may have over reacted a bit, however, I have not said anything derogatory about Houston, its residents or its fans. I made one remark about crazy Artest, and he is crazy. He'll be the first one to tell you that

This is shaping up to be a great series. Remember, Atlanta took Boston to 7 games in the first round last year while the Lakers enjoyed a relatively easy run to the finals. We all know how that turned out. This Laker team needs to be put in its place in order for them to grow.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Its one thing to make predictions about your own team, its another to make inflammatory remarks like "all you socalers think your team is so cool and they really suck because we are better and other teams are better..."

I admit I may have over reacted a bit, however, I have not said anything derogatory about Houston, its residents or its fans. I made one remark about crazy Artest, and he is crazy. He'll be the first one to tell you that

This is shaping up to be a great series. Remember, Atlanta took Boston to 7 games in the first round last year while the Lakers enjoyed a relatively easy run to the finals. We all know how that turned out. This Laker team needs to be put in its place in order for them to grow.
QFT buddy!

Go Lakers!

Old 05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EVS Motors Inc.
You sure did!
i'm man enough to admit when i'm wrong, but i still stand by what i originally said. the rockets are worse off without yao and they will still lose this series. they played a terrific game 4, but i don't know how you would argue otherwise.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE

C'mon bro. If your boy Kobe or anyone else in the Lakers organization had made any of those same predictions, it would've been instant bulletin board in the Rockets locker room. It's not a direct callout, but for any Rocket or anti-Laker fan, remarks like those are inflammatory. You reaped what you sowed.

As for the Celtics last year, they got better with each successive series in their '08 playoff run against better and better opponents. No one would ever put the '09 Rockets team minus Yao at the same level as the '08 Pistons or Cavaliers squads. The '08 Celtics got key performances on a consistent basis from their second team. The '09 Lakers are seeing bupkes from their second team when it counts, except for Shannon Brown in a few games.

I think we'll see if the Lakers are truly championship material in the next round vs. Denver. IMO, the Nuggets have a better overall first 7 or 8 guys than the Lakers do, and the Nuggets have a big advantage in what I consider the key matchup in that series - - point guard.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad the game's so late. Got to get up early, and won't be getting much sleep. Plus, I'm probably going to wake up hungover b/c I just can't help it.

As far as all this banter going on above, not even touching it...bad juju.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
C'mon bro. If your boy Kobe or anyone else in the Lakers organization had made any of those same predictions, it would've been instant bulletin board in the Rockets locker room. It's not a direct callout, but for any Rocket or anti-Laker fan, remarks like those are inflammatory. You reaped what you sowed.
Making a prediction of how many games a series is going to last, without directly putting down anyone here on TS, any Rocket fans, the city of Houston or the Rockets themselves, is a far cry from an inflammatory remark. I am having a hard time seeing how saying "My prediction is the Lakers in 4 or 5 " could be viewed as an inflammatory remark.

As for the Celtics last year, they got better with each successive series in their '08 playoff run against better and better opponents. No one would ever put the '09 Rockets team minus Yao at the same level as the '08 Pistons or Cavaliers squads. The '08 Celtics got key performances on a consistent basis from their second team. The '09 Lakers are seeing bupkes from their second team when it counts, except for Shannon Brown in a few games.
The Celtics did not have what could be called as easy run to the finals last year by any stretch of the imagination. Laker fans on this thread have been the first people to say how inconsistent the Lakers have been so far in the playoffs. The Laker bench is going to have to step it up if they are going to win the title. Farmar and Vujacic were a key part of the Laker run to the finals last year, and they have yet to show up this year with the exception of Farmar for one game.

I think we'll see if the Lakers are truly championship material in the next round vs. Denver. IMO, the Nuggets have a better overall first 7 or 8 guys than the Lakers do, and the Nuggets have a big advantage in what I consider the key matchup in that series - - point guard.
I don't think there is a single GM, coach, talent evaluator or scout in the NBA that would agree with that statement.

As far as the Nuggets huge advantage at the point guard, please explain. Chauncey Billups is a man, a stellar leader, and a great clutch player. But he is getting old and was never that quick to begin with. Jason Hart has scored a total of 2 points in the playoffs so far. Anthony Carter has averages 3 points per game in the playoffs. If you have been watching the Lakers, you would know that the type of play from the point guard that kills them is quickness....like Tony Parker, Derron Williams, Chris Paul and now Aaron Brooks. Denver does not have quickness at the point guard position.

The floor is yours, I am all ears........

Quick Reply: Laker & Rocket Fans - Its On!!!!