Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Iniesta & Guardiola press conf.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Iniesta & Guardiola press conf.

Iniesta Berates Chelsea’s Anti-Football Approach Against Barcelona

The Blaugrana midfielder was understandably none too pleased with the Blues’ attitude at the Camp Nou.
Andres Iniesta and his high-flying Barcelona team-mates were kept at bay by a stubborn and disciplined Chelsea side after the Blues walked out of the Camp Nou with a precious 0-0 draw in the first leg of the Champions League semi-finals.
The versatile Barca midfielder was frustrated time and again by the English outfit and their manager, Guus Hiddink’s water-tight strategy and although it did not impress Iniesta one bit, he remains optimistic of getting a result at Stamford Bridge next week.
“We tried to play our football. All the while, we tried to attack and score a goal, but when the team infront of you do not want to play football, it becomes complicated,” he said in his post-match interview with Cadena COPE.
“The tie will now have to be settled in London. We will go there with a lot of motivation to score and to win. We hope that justice will be done and we can be in the final.”
Barcelona will have another daunting task at the weekend when they travel to the Spanish capital to take on arch rivals, Real Madrid, in a decisive title battle. Chelsea meanwhile, will host Fulham before welcoming the Catalans to the Bridge next Wednesday.
Source
KS Leong, Goal.com

Barcelona Coach Guardiola Infuriated By Chelsea Match
Barcelona and Chelsea played out a goalless draw and the tie is all set for a thrilling finale next week, but Pep Guardiola is not happy at all with what happened in Camp Nou

Pep Guardiola could not hide his anger and frustration after Barcelona were held at home by Chelsea in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final at Camp Nou.
The Blaugrana boss hit out at the referee for booking his players and not protecting them, while also criticizing Chelsea's negative and physical approach to the encounter.
Referee Wolfgang Stark received the first round of criticism from the disgruntled Guardiola as he stated that the man in the middle did his team no favours.
"Referees need to take a look at themselves," the coach fumed. "We looked to score, did not commit many fouls and we should have been rewarded.
"Toure was booked for protesting about a free-kick. Chelsea repeatedly fouled, with [Andres] Iniesta being kicked a lot.
"The experts claim that games in the Champions League are decided in the details and this has not helped us.
Chelsea's tactics were next as Guardiola explained that Barcelona found the game very difficult as their opponents showed little ambition.
"Our aim was clear. We played the ball around and we tried to attack. I do not think that it is fair that the only team that looks to go forward ends up with as many cards as the team that tries to break up play," he continued.
"[Michael] Ballack should clearly have been given a second[yellow card] because Iniesta was about to enter the area."
Lionel Messi was expected to be the star and hopes were high that he would pry open Chelsea's back four, but Guardiola was quick to defend the Argentinian even though he did not score.
"Messi never plays badly. At half time we spoke about him producing a bit more. But when a team is so tight at the back it is not easy for the forwards and even more difficult when the opposition are physical," he added.
"We will come back though and look to play how we know we can.
"With five or six players sitting back, and more most of the time, and with some physically strong players we still wanted to go forward.
"We created chances and gave a good account of ourselves, but football is always difficult when one team does not want to play.
"While I am coach of this team we will go out and attack in every game.
"I do not know if we will lift a cup in the end, but I can assure you that we will go on holiday without any regrets and without people saying we should have any."
Source
Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
This is giving me flash backs to previous seasons

Old 04-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting that Pep thought the Ref didnt do a good job. I dont think I have ever seen a game that was refereed so one sidedly, that ref might as well have been wearing blue and garnet.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Like I said, it's all moot anyone. You guys are fighting over who gets to lose to the United...

Old 04-30-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I guess it's shame on Guus Hiddink for getting exactly what he wanted out of the match. You should look at yourself and your players first Pep, you lost the chess match and your players didn't execute - mind you, the officiating didn't help, but the refs aren't responsible for 'helping' either team.

While I like Pep and enjoy watching Andres play, their comments above scream cry babies.