Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Frank Rijkaard Has Five Major Job Offers - Report

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Frank Rijkaard Has Five Major Job Offers - Report

Frank Rijkaard has had offers from Manchester City, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Real Madrid to return to coaching next season and all have asked him to name his price, according to a report.
The Dutch coach's stock is still high after his success with Barcelona, despite not winning a trophy for the last two years of his time in charge at Camp Nou.
It is his style, tactics and manner that have attracted five of the continent's wealthiest clubs and some of the clubs involved have sent clear messages to their current trainers about the prospect.
Rijkaard left Barcelona last summer and was quick to turn down the chance to take over at Newcastle United, CSKA Moscow and even the Mexico national team, among others, Sport state.
Following a season moving between his home in Holland, France and Catalunya, the former Netherlands coach is ready to return to work and is weighing up all the bids.
Manchester City's offer for him to replace the beleaguered Mark Hughes is the most attractive, according to Sport, given that Rijkaard would be given a blank chequebook for new players.
Chelsea is also another option and the Blues' interest in him has been well documented, while his agent, Perry Overeem, made no secret that it could well be something to consider.
"Rijkaard is a big fan of the Premier League and would be very interested in working with Chelsea, but it would depend on the conditions and the plans," he told Sky Sports News.
"He would want to have a long-term contract, not just one or two seasons."
There could also be bids from AC Milan and Bayern Munich and Rijkaard is known to be tempted by the Italian club, where he played for many seasons, but the paper insists that he has already ruled out joining Real Madrid.
Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Old 03-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
InZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond repute
I thought Chelski had him for sure, seeing as how Hiddink confirmed that he'd quite by 31 May...

Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
I just love Rijkaard, and I would love to see him with Milan. i think its the ideal place for him...
chealse is not stable, they want everything right away, i wouldnt want him to join it.
I think Rijkaaard would never join Madrid, he stated that in every single confrence last season...

I truly wish i would see him in Milan really soon, i really miss him

Old 03-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond repute
No disrespect but that's gotta be the funniest things I've heard today "Frank Rijkaard has had offers from Manchester City, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Real Madrid to return to coaching next season and all have asked him to name his price, according to a report."

I have great respect for the guy and his achievements and I think any of those clubs would be lucky to have him, but you just can't trust a source that would write something like that.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

asking someone to name his price doesnt necessarly mean they would pay it.

and you are right they would be more than lucky to get him :P

Old 03-30-2009, 09:59 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
What about Ruud Gullit? Whatever happened to that guy?

Old 03-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cupcake of bahrain
What about Ruud Gullit? Whatever happened to that guy?
Last I hear he quit or got sacked from LA Galaxy........... I also admire Rijkaard so much that I'll support any team he joins except Madrid(but then again he'd never join Madrid) but I'd personally prefer if he joined Chelsea I believe he can really go far with them and challenge for everything .... Nothing against Milan or Sire A but Italian football is in decline

Last edited by like.no.other; 03-30-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Last I hear he quit or got sacked from LA Galaxy
If I remember correctly it was a mutual split. I think the Galaxy knew he wasnt the right guy for the job and I also think he had enough of the way MLS runs its league in matters on tansfers and things like that.