Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Beckham admits he wants permanent Milan move

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
While it is true that soccer will never be the sport here in the US that it is worldwide (much like my beloved Formula 1 racing) Beckham knew this when he signed on the bottom line. This is a problem with big-time athletes today - there is no loyalty. What happened to the Cal Ripkens of the sports world who stay loyal to one franchise and make the most of their situation rather than moan and complain when thigns don't go exactly as planned. Why is the "grass always greener" for these guys?? It was a risk for the Galaxy to sign Beckham. Yet Beckham risked almost nothing - he gets paid no matter what. The Galaxy took a chance on him. How about returning the favor by not trying to bolt at the first sign of discouragement.

I have many friends who live for soccer. They camped out to get Galaxy season tickets just because Beckham would be in LA. What about them??

Old 02-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
While it is true that soccer will never be the sport here in the US that it is worldwide (much like my beloved Formula 1 racing) Beckham knew this when he signed on the bottom line. This is a problem with big-time athletes today - there is no loyalty. What happened to the Cal Ripkens of the sports world who stay loyal to one franchise and make the most of their situation rather than moan and complain when thigns don't go exactly as planned. Why is the "grass always greener" for these guys?? It was a risk for the Galaxy to sign Beckham. Yet Beckham risked almost nothing - he gets paid no matter what. The Galaxy took a chance on him. How about returning the favor by not trying to bolt at the first sign of discouragement.

I have many friends who live for soccer. They camped out to get Galaxy season tickets just because Beckham would be in LA. What about them??

If Beckham wants to leave, maybe he should pay the Galaxy

Old 02-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get it? Why can't professional athletes these days be more like George Best?

"In 1969 i stopped drinking and having sex. It was the worst 20minutes of my life."

"I spent my money on booze, women and fast cars. I wasted the rest of it."