Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Alabama A Fraud? Or Utah The Real Deal

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by arzcatz3
Pac-10 undefeated. Best conference in the country.
Just saw this...

Was the PAC 10's record against the Mountain West during the season 1-5 or 1-6? I seem to have forgotten.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
They embarassed Alabama and showed they are true contenders. I didn't know Utah beat 5 top 20 teams, which teams?
BYU
TCU
Oregon State
Alabama

Sorry--I lied. Only 4 ranked teams (at the time they played them-they were ranked in the top 20).

Edit...SLC beat me to it!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLC4S
Just saw this...

Was the PAC 10's record against the Mountain West during the season 1-5 or 1-6? I seem to have forgotten.

Nice!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
orlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond repute
Utah is for real.

People with votes on the BCS and AP rankings adopt a "body of work" analysis bringing in old traditions and past accomplishments.

It is my opinion that the voters should not consider such factors, when teams vary from year to year, and as everyone has stated, any team can beat any other team on a given Saturday.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:09 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a big Pac-10 fan and even I don't believe it's the BEST conference in the country. USC is probably the best team in the country, and I do believe we played the best at the bowl games this year, hence 5-0, but not the best conference. Regardless, GO DUCKS!

Old 01-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a big Pac-10 fan and even I don't believe it's the BEST conference in the country. USC is probably the best team in the country, and I do believe we played the best at the bowl games this year, hence 5-0, but not the best conference. Regardless, GO DUCKS!
Very accurate statement.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, I agree with this. As a whole, the Pac 10 was the most impressive in their bowl games. However, we really have two legitimate teams, SC and the Ducks - that's it. I just don't think it's accurate to state that we have the depth to be the best conference in the nation. At the same time, SC is - IMO - the best team in the nation, and Oregon can play with almost anyone in the country.

Last edited by M5Kid; 01-10-2009 at 04:22 PM.